Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP - Kinda sorta!

Morning!!

Thank you EVERYONE who posted comments yesterday - THANK YOU!! I'll do the draw for my little wee prize on Friday evening ... And post when random.com has worked it's magic.

And -- Welcome to my new followers!!! :) I'll TRY and post something quilting related regularly :P

Not 100% sure about my idea of posting something EACH day of the blog hop .... so we'll see how many more I do after this one :)

WIP - The list is always annoyingly long it seems!

  • Domestic "Stripping" - Bliss - Quilt - have started with slicing of the fabrics - It'll be 5 2.5 strips sewn together - some with a solid fabric as the 5th line - some not. Then cut into a square - then sewn together randomly - well, maybe more fence rail randomness. The border will be a thin solid - a cut up charm back - then a bit larger solid. The backing is a real royal purple piece. 
  • Superman Quilt - A disapearing 9 patch ... I have EXACTLY enough fabric for this one. I'll have a few solid pieces left - which will make a scrappy binding - no border on this one since it's going to be a fairly large blankie as is.
  • Pin cushion presents - I'm going to be making Hexi pin cushions for the girls at work as a present this year - along with a little baggy of cookies (I THINK about the cookies - might be easier with giving out some chocolates) - so, that's due to be done!
  • Hand sew on the binding for Nita's quilt ... :) LOVE how it turned out ... I'm in love with it!! Simple as that!
  • QUILT & BIND - My dad's quilt and Orlea's quilt (might get that one done in time for her B-day - but - I donnu!! Depends on how easily the Domestic quilt comes along)
Well, that list isn't really horrible to look at now is it!! I'm so pleased with myself. I'm giving myself 1 month per quilt to be made. So, starting tomorrow - technically the Domestic quilt should be started - so I'm ahead of the game on that quilt. I'm gonna be busy - but that's ok! 

My FAVORITE "Halloween" themed movie ...........  Practical Magic - I just love how the two actress play their parts. It's not "scary" - but has witches so I love it! Them getting up late and singing the "Put the lime in the coconut and SHAKE IT ALL UP" - I LOVE IT! :) It's something I would do. And then at the end, when they all fly off the roof top - so adorable! (again, if I could fly, I would soooo being doing that!!)

2 comments :

Fawn said...

I've never seen that movie! I love Sandra Bullock, so I'm sure I'd like it. :)

Carin said...

You have a lot on your plate hihihi ... hope you can do all the things of your list.
Practical Magic is also one of my favorite movies. I just love that film...