Sunday, November 04, 2012

November ... Early Morning Babbling

I'm not sure if this is morning, night ... or what we'd call "Some Un-Godly Hour!!" ... I woke up at 2AM - wide awake - and that was 2hrs ago!

So, what do most people do at 2AM - design my new blog header ... play angry birds ... watch crappy TV and then write a blog post! Yes ... that's what someone does at 2AM when they can't sleep! :(

 I guess I should say ... I had a Birthday!! :) November 1st .... I happily turned another year older ... But, the BEST part of that day - Hubs and I celebrated another year of marriage. NINE years this year ... NINE! :) I can't wait till next year - 10 big yrs ... and I get a ring dammit! (I think at 10 yrs you get a new ring right?? I want the match to my wedding band and then I'll get it all welded together so I have a pretty set! yeah -- see, right??)

To celebrate this year .... I had an "Eye Ball" Party - it wasn't for a Birthday - but for a start of a new part in my life ... finally having the eye removed.

The house had Halloween - eye ball lights ... bowls of chocolate eye balls all over the place ... a crystal bowl lightup with eye balls ... BIG candle covered with eye ball stickers ... eye ball tea lights in the bathroom ... And, ALL the food had an eye ball shape/theme ... including eye ball shooters that were just plain creepy looking.
My Cake .... Well!! The girls outdid themselves this year! I was carefully led into the kitchen - partially blinded! To see a massive eye patch on the table ...like BIG BIG patch -- with bling! (I'll post a picture when I get a chance!!) 
Under the lovely patch was an eye ball shaped cake ... and in the middle of the cake (to represent my innerads) was white pudding - it was slightly sick!! :)
I also got a few cute little hats .... which meant everyone wanting to play with my hat collection - and, I realize, I have a fair bit of hats in the house!! :) Here are a few of my friends in my hats ... sooo soo much fun! So, I gained a lovely brown felted hat (in the picture WAY up there) ... then a lovely grey one ... sooo sooo pretty!!! I  lost a purple one though ... whatever!

 It was an amazing evening shared with my bestest of friends. I can't wait to see what life holds for me now ... I'm looking forward to walking the track come December 3rd ... I'm looking forward to our little trip in December (Victoria at Christmas time!! OMGGGGGGG!!) ... Then my NEW EYE!! :) And then ... swimming in January for me ... so, It's all looking positive.

I've been mega busy quilting too - I have my 10 strips cut into 4 squares each - I'm going to be making a 3X3 LARGE grouping of the squares - which look amazing!!! And then I think I might go simple on the border ... we'll see though. (I'll be posting the sneak peek on Wednesdays post! But needless to say - this quilt top looks devineeeeeeeeee!!)


3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Eye hope your birthday and anniversary were all you hoped for! Happy all of them! Will watch for that quilT

Vivian said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!

What a fun crew you have around you.

BTW, what a terrible night not to be able to sleep, with the time change it was a whole extra hour!!! Eeek.

Have a good one,

Nita said...

I loved your eyeball party! I didn't know it was your birthday...happy belated birthday!