I've managed to get one block made for my Canadian Bee - I'm really hoping she likes this color scheme - cause the 2nd block will be a variation of this one. It's a Wonky Log Cabin block ....... Kinda hard to make this block 12.5X12.5 though .... I'm limited on my stash - but I LOVE how it turned out. I'm really looking forward to making the 2nd block.
I also managed to get the colors/fabrics picked out for my Wee Bee block this month - a similar color scheme - just with grey thrown in there - REALLY pretty looking too. It's a "Snail" block ... kinda neat look. THEN!!! I managed to get the majority of MY quilt made ... It's made up from the blocks from my Quilting Group (and my lovely Nita for extra blocks!! And then another 9 extras to make it a full 4X5) - then I made a pink/white border to complete the whole look of the large white "diamond" - then I got this idea - add a wee line of purple between the 2 pinks - and then bind it all in a real nice teal fabric -- I REALLY hope the colors go well ... the whole blankie will be rather large when it's all done though ... bigger than I expected. Around 56 X 68 ... give or take another 4 inches I think ... I'm beyond happy with it! I can't wait to layer it and quilt it!! TOTALLY excited!!
ACK----> Now that I look at this picture - without the purple line ... or NOT?!?!? Ideas????
But - warning - if I see another HST - I'm gonna go postal on the machine!!
Another BIG thing I did this weekend ......... I ordered fabric for Hub's Superman quilt - along with a pattern .... and a couple extras for me! (hehehee!!) ..... I can't wait to start his when it all shows up.
Anyways ................. I'm done sewing for the night .... I'll do my other Beee squares tomorrow and start cutting my purple and teal (I think I can make the binding this week) - but I'm waiting for the remaining pink and purple to arrive. I'm soooo happy with my progress these days.
:) :)
1 comment :
I liked making that block, too! In fact, I chose it for my 3x6 bee and made a total of 9 of them on Saturday and Sunday, and I only get to keep one! The rest go into the mail.
Post a Comment