Monday, May 20, 2013

Bee Progress!


It's been a rather busy weekend!

*I sincerely apologize for this post's layout -  I'm fitting with the pictures again ............. @#@#$@#$#@$#$@@#$ BLOGGER!!!

My accomplishments this weekend are:
  • Cleaning up the "Crap" room - Hubs couldn't tell the differences. Lets hope when my mom sees it that she thinks there's been some progress. (I haven't tackled the closet though - I can't bring myself to do that much purging)
  • Organized all my new fabric. (There are now 15 clear shoe boxes loaded and labeled with fabrics and another 6 larger pink/purple ones with bigger pieces of fabric. I have 8 "ArtBins" with projects as well). BIG difference quilting when it's all organized. And much easier to put away after doing squares. 
  • Cleaned the kitchen (put up the summer table settings - even though there was snow last night/this morning - I'm still having a bright and cheery kitchen!)
  • Tidied the living room and vacuumed - so much nicer with it all cleaner.
  • Did my May Wee Beeeeees squares. (I'm praying they are OK though - I think the 3 Garden Fences should be OK - the other wonky one - I'm not sure. She said bright and cheery colors - so that's what I went with.... It's the first square -s- that I've made and I'm second guessing myself on)
The next projects in this house ... I have all Hub's fabric sitting there ... just sitting there ... I tried to cut out plexieglass templates for it - that did NOT go as well as the online tutorial!! - Now to ask my aunt what she suggests - if I'm REALLY lucky, she'll get my uncle to cut the pieces out properly for me. (He's done this for her in the past - but with the extra thick pieces of plastic - mines a bit thinner - fingers crossed they can help). I think with that done - I'll be OK to start on it.

With all the "new" fabric - I have some AMAZING Asian metallic garden / flower pieces that are begging to be played with!! 

So, we'll see what happens ... I have lots of things to start. But for sure, it's MUG RUG TIME!!! I want to practice some machine quilting with my free motion foot thingie I bought.

OH!! And I'll be heading to Victoria in a few weeks -- can you say buying a couple new feet at the REAL sewing machine store! I'm totally excited!!! I can't wait to get a few new toys there. (I have to try not to get a new machine though!! It's going to be soooo hard!)