Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pin-It - MY DAY! :)

Welcome Ladies and Gents (Are there any Gents out there?!?!? Please be brave and post me a comment - cause it's sooo pink around here - would be nice for the odd green, blue or whatever to appear!)

I just gotta give a MEGA big shout out to .......... Kristen over at Meadowbrook - she's had to organize the biggest blog hop I've SEEN!!!!!

  Today is my day for Pin-It!!!! I'm so excited! (can you tell! Really! Can you!!)
 
Sooooooo .... after my pumpkins from last year's Wicked Hop .... (Are they not the cutest things in the world!!) I feel in love with pin cushions ..... :) Well, not love love love - but pretty close.

I thought for this it would push me to do something I've been dying to do. I want a "dress form" - I want one! I would love a BIG BIG one in my room made out of medal - I've seen them all over the internet - but getting one up here - a rather hard feet! And finding the room in my room - yeah - not happening! So onto a small one! :)

I was randomly searching the internet for a pattern - I found something - I have NO idea where - and I'm sorry to not give you credit whoever you are. (I'll not post the pattern because of that) - But! Using her pattern as inspiration - You can pretty much draw a "fat" vase - and it works great!! And, because I love my things a little round and cuddly and pudgy - free handing the pattern works great!

AND! Presenting 3 of the beautiful wooden antique thread spools ...... are they not perfect for this? I had no idea how to incorporate then - Luckly I had a few parts of a dowel - that fit right in the little top PERFECTLY - it was almost like this was meant to be. Talk about happy moment for this lady!

Anyways! Onto decorating ........ Again, I have a little wee bit of a problem with buying pretty things! SO into my scrapbooking stash I went - and again - perfect!! :)

Guess what's not perfect -  my relationship with Blogger and their method of adding photos to your posts - and then not keeping the rotation that it should be - @#@#$@#$@#%$#%#$^

Please take a peek at the other people today!! :)
  September 12
Cherrys Prairie Primitives
In Stitches& Seams
Sew And Sow Farm
Domestic Deficit Disorder
A Geeky Crafty Life --> MOI!!!
Moosestash Quilting
Englating
Quilter in Motion
In The Boondocks
Hill Valley Quilter
Kaydie
Callender’s Creations   
Kreatywnie By Editha
Sew New To Sewing
Pieced Brain
Sheila's Quilt World

Then back to ....... http://www.sewwequilt.com/  ... Sew We Quilt!!! :) AND! Stay tuned for the WICKED Hop!!! I cannot wait!!!!

Alrighty - to those who managed to make it through my horrible picture display - and blog formatting! Here's a GIVE AWAY!!! :) I'd love to make YOU your very own pin-cushion!! You must comment by the end of the hop (So I'll draw on Sept 17th!!) -- I'd LOVE to know what you'd like in your pin cushion ... color? Theme? Wouldn't a lovely all pink one be pretty? Or Halloween themed? Mmm Wedding? You pick!!

Thanks for popping over again!!! :)

98 comments :

Jeanneke said...

So cute, your pincushions!

Judy B said...

What a cute idea for a pin cushion, a dress form! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

A dress form...how cute! How about a pink one, or a blue one, or a Christmas one, or....

Michelle said...

Lovely pin cushion. I love dress forms.

Lisa said...

I like you pincushion! Halloween

Regena said...

I have that pattern somewhere...love dressforms

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We did the little dress form pincushions in a guild sew-saturday - everyone designed for their personality and it was so much fun.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a fun idea for a pincushion..so cute...in any color!

Editha said...

Great job. Thank you for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

such a great idea - I love it! I would love a rainbow pincushion :-)

Pauline said...

Pretty dress form! The pumkins too. Thanks for sharing!

Heleen Groot said...

They look fantastic! Amazing idea. I would feel a little wicked sticking pins in though...... But hey, no head so no screaming right? I loved your pumpkins too!

charlotte said...

Very very cute. You did a great job.

Baa. xxx said...

What a clever idea! they are great. They would be cool in crazy patch or Victorian/shabby chic - anything really - love them

Thearica said...

Love the dress form!

Kay said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely pincushions, they are rather unusual.
As summer is fading fast in England I would rather like a bee or sunflower themed pincushion. Thanks for a fun giveaway.
ks(dot)eyles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wonderful pin cushions!!! I love the pupmkins, but the dress forms; I adore. If I was lucky enough to win; that is what I would choose...thank you

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your dress forms are awesome!

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Nice work. I do like the dress forms.

Martina said...

Love your dress pin cushion. Cute idea. (I have the same issue with blogger....grrr).

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a cute idea! Sometimes I think Blogger is evil. :) I'd love a black and white dress form! blessings, marlene

Marga (MarPie) said...

So cute indeed they are.

Warm regards from Holland,
Marga♥

Kristen King said...

I never would have thought of this type of pincushion, but it really works! Great job!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Great pincushions! I think I am shaped like one of them! :-)

gpc said...

Adorable! I never knew before this Hop how much I love pin cushions, lol! Wow, my favorite colors are blues and greens, and my themes would be out-doorsy. :)

In stitches and seams said...

Great dress forms / pin cushions and you are right those pumpkins are cute.
thanks for sharing with us today
in stitches

Sparky said...

way to girl very ladylike pins

Debi said...

Very creative pin cushions and a great way to fill your need for a dress form. I love the little spools used as a base for the forms--great idea! I love Halloween so creep me out if I am the lucky winner-lol!

barb said...

I love your style! babscorbitt@ gmail dot com

Jane's Quilting said...

Wow...they are perfect. I also love the fabric choices.

Nupur said...

Thanks for the generous giveaway- I adore food themed pincushions :)

onehotstove AT gmail DOT com

Bonnie58 said...

Love the pincushion. She's great. Thanks so much for sharing.

Vickie said...

I can tell you are excited and you love pink ! Very cute dress form pin cushions and sew girly ! I'm a country girl, but I would love to have anything you make if I won.

mabear said...

I'd love them all. I'd like a sewing theme.

mabear29@ymail.com

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Mary said...

Great job on your pincushions. Love the idea of a dress form. Spring would be a lovely choice.

Kathy H said...

Great little dress forms. And using the wooden spools was a perfect idea. I think a Halloween one would be a great decoration.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so clever and such a nice use for the old spools.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Great dress form pincushion. I don't know why you had trouble with the orientation of your photos. Did you try making them larger and see if that did changed them to upright? Never had that issue with Blogger and I hope it doesn't happen to me either, lol.

Brenda said...

As much as I like the dress form I'd really like to have one of your pumpkin pin cushions!
hulseybg at gmail dot com

Patricia said...

Cute pincushions! For the pictures check the way they are turned on the main picture screen where you upload from the camera. I only had a problem once and that solved it.

Just Quilt It said...

I love your dress form pin cushion! This was a great idea. A green one would be lovely! or any color, really.

Audrey said...

Thanks for sharing your dress form pin cushions. Last summer my husband and I spent 3 months camping in the Yukon & Alaska. Absolutely loved our time in the Yukon. We will be returning. If I should be so lucky as to be the winner of your giveaway, a pink dress form would be perfect. A northern Manitoba quilter understanding your shipping woes.

Rebeckah Austin said...

I need to make a dress form one too....

Turid said...

So lovely! I also love dress form. What about red, yellow, orange? Or blue and white. I love all colours.

Linda said...

What a cute pin cushion! Now just make it much bigger and you'll have your dress form!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Adorable - very shabby chic which I love! Pink of course... roses would be Ooh La La!

vicki said...

cute pincushions! On the dress form, I would put purple and green and sew books, dogs, cats, and quilts on it. Thanks for the giveaway! vickise at gmail dot com

Gill said...

I love your pincushion! I'd like one too!

Lou said...

Cute pincushions!!!!
I love modern:)

DeAnna said...

Very, very cute and a great idea. Thanks for sharing and for the giveaway chance.

Joke said...

Oh wow, your dress from pincushions are lovely!!

baukje said...

Please make me a red dressform. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Createology said...

Very cute pincushions and needles and pins can never have too many for comfort. Creative Bliss and great hop...

Bonnie Pfrimmer said...

Your pin cushion is so cute.. Thank you for sharing. I would like a vintage pin cushion. Any design, maybe a dress form with vintage fabric.

Robin said...

Great job! They look awesome!

Marcy said...

Absolutely adorable!

Shari said...

Love your dress form pin cushion. Wooden spools and dowels are a wonderful idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

maggie said...

I just love the dress form pin cushion. Its really clever.
cheers
maggie

maggiemine42@gmail.com

Amy DeCesare said...

I'm giggling at the little naughty symbols that your computer is spitting out! I can sympathize...these techy details are tedious! Your pincushions look adorable at ANY angle!

Quilting Tangent said...

Your round cushions are cute. How about a jack o lantern pin cushion. 24Tangent@gmail.com

Marla's Crafts said...

Very cute. A haloween theme would be nice since it is around the corner. Thanks for having a give away.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great dress form pincushion. It turned out cute. Yeah blogger and I fight when I use pics from my iphone.

Margaret said...

I like your dress form. It is very cute. I would love to have a Christmas tree pincushion. Thanks for sharing.

Teatime Creations said...

Love your dress form pincushions and the gentle colors. If chooses - Halloween.

tink's mom said...

what a great idea all the way around. the spools for bases is genius. If i were to win, i'd pick black and white.

Lydsfire said...

Nice work!

Stitches said...

Love the little dress form, I love dragonflies and flamingos..

LJ said...

I concur with your feelings about having a dress form. But...I don't want one with MY shape, I want it to have MY dream shape! lol Very cute pincushions and the spools worked out beautifully.

Tami C said...

That's a great idea for a pin cushion! If you have some yellows, I would love that but any color would be wonderful! Thanks for the chance to win.

sandra said...

Wonderful job very creative and different . Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Carter said...

Your pincushions are adorable. I never would have thought about a dress form, but I really love the way it looks. Thank you for the giveaway. If I were to win, I would love a Cathedral Window pincushion in the colors of pinks and greens.

Carol Swift said...

I love that dress form pincushion...too cute!

Anonymous said...

I would love one of those dress form pin cushions, it's so sweet, thanks.
smjohns63 at yahoo dot com

jan said...

The dress form pincushion is adorable. Thanks for sharing.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

Janarama said...

Love the dress form pincushions. Great job.

Shelia said...

thanks for the inspiration. Love the pin cushions. The dress forms are so cute.

legato1958 said...

Very creative... and so cool that your spools worked with the forms!

Susie
legato1958@aol.com

A Halloween one would be fun

legato1958 said...

Very creative... and so cool that your spools worked with the forms!

Susie
legato1958@aol.com

A Halloween one would be fun

usagypsy said...

The dress forms are adorable, but sadly I'm not a girlie girl :) I'm more the halloween primitive gal.

Corina said...

Cute pincushions! Thanks for sharing.

Teresa @ http://twistfullyyours.blogspot.ca/ said...

Ah technology! It is so nice to know that I am not the only one that wants to pull my hair out at times. lol Your pincushions are fantastic. My daughter is just starting gr 7 family studies and needs a pin cushion ... she loves Halloween. Maybe a primitive style pumpkin or a little black cat. lol

Calicojoan said...

You have made my day. I can't tell you how much I laughed at the though of being built like a fat vase myself! LOL! Great idea though, I think I have to play around with drawing a likeness of me now! tee hee.

krislovesfabric said...

Nice job, I like your cushions :)

Emily C said...

Very cute.

gtcoursey said...

Love your pincushions. I'm just getting started on my pin cushion collection, so would love anything you came up with. thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

cute pincushions...I too want a wire dress form for my room..so far no luck in finding what I want.

Britt-Inger said...

Your pincushions are sew awesome. I love the dress forms. Thanks for sharing your creativity

Sunshine Girl said...

They are all lovely. Thanks for sharing and sorry I am late visiting.

Sandy said...

Sweet pincushions! Thanks for sharing with us.

Linda C said...

Sew neat pincushions. Looks like you are having fun.

If I were lucky enough to win your giveaway, could I have a pumpkin like you showed in the first post? So sweet of you to offer to make a custom pin cushion for whoever is lucky enough to have their name pulled.

~Marica~ said...

Lovely pincushions and I really like your fabric and color you use on them. Lovely blog with lots of wonderful work.

Take care!
Marica

DebraKay Neiman said...

Wedding theme is pretty.

evelyn said...

I love your little dress form cushions. Any colour would be lovely if I win one. Or even a pumpkin one, as they are fabulous too.

Karyn said...

I have no idea what I'd like as a pincushion...... you would have full creative license LOL!

Carolyn in Kentucky said...

I think I saw a pattern online for a dress form pin cushion, but had no idea they would turn out as cute as yours. I would be thrilled to winone in Blues

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Wonderful pincushions, thank you for sharing!

carla said...

Hi!!! They are very cute!!!!