Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday's thinking ... planning?


 Today … I sincerely wish my version of word would work with Blogger! Really – its 2014 someone need to make this “fad” of blogging easier! (I’m not even going there in terms of adding photos to my posts – cause that’s a whole other issue!!)

I have a whole week ahead of me … playing single-puppy-mom! The puppy in question is snuggled next to me wrapped in in blankets passed out – it’s completely adorable! Now if he could always be this good!

I need to take some stock in what’s on this 2014 “To do list” I keep forgetting about!

Superman Quilt – it sits in various stages in my room – I think I have all the pieces cut out – I just to sew them together – then hack them back up again. I’ve gone too far into this process to change my mind – I partially thought of going with a bit “faster” block – that when you do the 1st cut and sew that’s your block – not this whole 1st cut, sew, 2nd cut and sew again thing I’m doing. But, then I look at the pattern and realize I’m crazy not to go through with it!

The Kid’s quilt …. I need to make 8 more blocks (if that I think) and start sewing it together. I really want her to have it for Christmas – it’s a pretty easy concept – shouldn’t take really that long. I’ll need to get some batting for it though – I want to quilt hers at home since it’s pretty easy.

The Little Niece’s quilt – I’m doing this one in coordination with my quilting bees – I’ve asked the ladies to make me a crazy quilt – in pale yellow/oranges/reds – I’m going to ask my 2nd group to make the same thing. Then I’m going to do a little wee bit of green/blue/purple/pink suares in there – but the majority of the quilt will be in the oranges and yellows – and that too – is for Christmas!

The Camille table cloth – which I’ve destroyed already …. So after summer I’ll go to my aunt’s every week for help … serious help! I can't even fall back on my new found paper piecing skills - since this is totally different. Applique?!?!? UHG! Give me my circle geese any day over that!

That’s all ……. Those are the big big projects that I need to get out of the way. I still have my quilt sitting here needing some quilting and everything – but I’m not stressing about that. Right now it looks amazing hanging on my banister when you walk in my front door. So it can stay that way for a while longer.

(So I’m watching last week’s Criminal Minds …. Might not be the most relaxing touchy-feely show to watch while writing a blog post – People are wrong!!!)

Well I've made it through the post! :) Kinda wishing I have some pictures to show - but that's ok! And - FYI! I dont' think it matters - I hate blogging! HAHAAHAHA! IT's all about the computer I use btw -nothing to do with not wanting to sit down and write stuff!

HA!! Some finishes! The amazing wonky pinwheel!! The lovely recipient of this posted a picture of all our blocks together - it looks amazing!! I can't believe it! I want a block like this for me next year! :)
Then I made a couple of the ladies a little mug-rug to go with their blocks :) everyone needs something happy when they get their blocks right? SO I'll make up a couple more of these babies for the rest of the year as well! WOOHOO!! To scraps! :)

1 comment :

Nita said...

You've been so busy! Did you ever make a quilt just for you? I know you started one once...did you ever finish it? Have you thought about switching over to wordpress?