Monday, October 20, 2014

Day #2 - Black Cat Crossing BLOG HOP!! My DAY!

Welcome everyone!!

Thanks to all the other lovely ladies joining me on this day! And a BIG Thanks to Wendy .... yet again doing a marvelous job!!!

I was so excited this year! I loved working with this line of fabric solo much! Black Cat Crossing - beautiful tones to the fabric that doesn't make them too shouty ... very pretty! :)

I was rather limited on what I can get living all the way up here - our Quilt Shop doesn't carry  the newest lines too often - needless to say anything Halloween themed at all! So - shopping online for me! :)

I made a very simple fence rail pattern with adding a little big of Basic Grey Grunge black in there. LOVED how it all turned out. (I'm sorry about the crappy pictures though - having a hard time with using a real crappy phone for photos ... Garr)

Anyways! I pieced the back with this bright fall themed Snoopy Fabric - the recipient of this runner LOOOOVES Snoopy - and it was giving to her before Thanksgiving this year - so she can flip it over and use it for her family dinner - then over the next weeks for Halloween! (She loves Halloween)

I would loooove to do a mini Give-Away this year!! :) I'll be making the winner a lovely Halloween themed MUG RUG!!! (with the beautiful leftovers!) All you need to do ... comment :) Nothing special!!! ( I'll annouce thee winner on Halloween!!!)

AND!!! Don't forget!! Please enjoy the other blogs today! They have showcased some lovely projects too!! :)
Tuesday, October 21



110 comments :

Doris Rice, The Quilting Queen said...

At least you have a quilt shop. That's one step above me. My go to shop is online also. Simple but WICKED rail fence with the fabric!

Amy said...

Love your table runner. I like the design you chose to quilt on it.

Nancy said...

Well I have a couple Quilt shops but Online has always been less expensive for me. Your Table Runner is fantastic, love the fabric choices!! Thanks for sharing your Wicked project with us!!
Huggs, Nancy

Judy B said...

Love how you made your table runner reversible! Thank you for sharing.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A rail fence is perfect for black cats to walk across.

Lydsfire said...

I like the reversible aspect to your table runner. Nice work!

Anita said...

Great table runner, love the cats running around!

Joanne said...

The table runner is wonderful and the fact that it is reversible makes it twice as nice. Thanks for sharing your creation with us today. :-)

cucki said...

Aww so lovely
I love it so much
Big hugs cucki xx

cucki said...

Oh yes please count me in for your lovy giveaway :)
Thank you xxx

Shari said...

Lovely runner...Go Snoopy and the Great Pumpkin...one of my favs!

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow what a fabulous gift - I haven't taken part this time as I couldn't get the fabrics in England but I do love that snoopy one too.

Nana B said...

Both sides are wonderful.

Sparky said...

love the green and blue...no really, how striking is that....I always remember that saying.." blue and green should never be seen except in Fignies washing machine" something like that....lol

Julie said...

Love how the quilt turned out !!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice table runner done in a simple design. I like the blue/green combo too. There are tons of quilt shops in my area, but not too close all hid away in Amish homes. You have to find them word of mouth because they don't advertise. So I shop on line too.

Unknown said...

Really cute runner. I have more quilt shops than you but I still do most of my shopping on line. I like the idea of being able to get the newest fabrics sooner than the quilt shops can.

Heleen Groot said...

It looks gorgeous. We have a quiltshop nearby (ish), but they have limited fabrics. So online is a life saver! Love it. Thank you for sharing your wickedness.

Betsy said...

I have been so looking forward to this hop since it was announced. Your project is awesome and you definitely inspired your readers.

Jinger said...

Nice work, love the versatility!

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

Great runner, you did an awesome job. I love the rail fence design. Thank you for sharing.

Lee said...

Great work! I love the runner!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Great way to use the fabric, and the snoopy backing is fun!

Britt-Inger said...

I love your table runner. It is so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Dorian said...

You did a nice job on your table runner, love the Snoopy.

vicki said...

Love the runner. I love snoopy and cats they make me smile. Thanks for the giveaway. vickise at gmail dot com

Michele said...

Very cute and my kids love Snoopy too.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Great piece!! Our shops have fantastic fabric lines, but as yours...don't cater to this type.

Thearica said...

Your quilt is really great! and I love using blue and green together.. There are no quilt police. :)

I love shopping online even though we may have a shop within 30 minutes... there is so much more to choose from and you get to stay in your jammies. :)

Calicojoan said...

It's just perfect! Of course Halloween with a grunge black is perfect any day! :-) Love how sometimes, simple is the best!

StitchinByTheLake said...

The rail fence is one of my favorite patterns and one of the first quilts I ever made. This fabric was perfect for that! blessings, marlene

Wendy said...

Fantastic job!! Great to have you in our Wicked hop! :)

Vickie said...

Great job !!

Vicki B said...

Love your tablerunners and your choice of the rail fence pattern. Such and easy and fun finish.

sewlost said...

Love it!

Ellsie320 said...

So clever! I know someone who could use that Snoopy runner.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great table runner and the rail fence pattern really shows off the lovely wicked colors.

Tinliz said...

I have some of that Snoopy fabric. Couldn't resist.

krislovesfabric said...

Great project, love your rail fence

Carol Swift said...

I love a rail fence design and you used it well with this cute runner! I shop a lot online for fabric even though I have fabulous quilt stores close by. Sometimes they just don't have what I need. :O)

WPBMOMMY1 said...

I love the fact that you made this reversible! I also love your rail fence!!

Patricia said...

Your quilt is very nice, love the bright back.
I need you mug rug, my birthday is Halloween and I have more fun.

Patricia

Jeanie said...

Very cute! I agree... the fabric is great. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Oh, a Rail Fence is so right for this line of fabric!! I didn't think of that! Love it!

Kathy H said...

Great table runner and I love snoopy too so the backing is wonderful.

Rina Mason said...

I love this line and your Rail Fence is a perfect way to showcase it. Well done.

Mary Ann said...

Love the table runner. My daughter loves Snoopy too so I think that is a perfect backing! Thanks for sharing.

Createology said...

How very thoughtful to make this for your friend and twice as nice with the Halloween and Thanksgiving fabrics. Thank you sew very much for participating and hopping. Creative Black Cat Crossing Bliss...

Mary said...

You did a great job on your rail fence. If all else fails, shop online. Spooktacular!

Jane's Quilting said...

A reversible table topper, what a great idea! I like the fabrics you chose.

Kwilt Krazy said...

Cute table runner, you did a great job! I only have one mug rug....so far ;)

Terry said...

Great Halloween table runner :) Thanks for sharing!
cwayons(at)yahoo(dot)com

Katherine said...

Spooktacular! Your design lets the fabric shine. I too, head online for specific fabrics I want/need for a project. Glad you found what you needed. Well done!

JuliaP said...

Love the backing fabric on your table runner. Great project for this hop!

tink's mom said...

great job. all table runners should be reversible, yours is wonderful.

BizyStitches said...

very cute and fun idea to have a table runner for two holidays. Thanks for the fun.

Scrapatches said...

Rail fence is a great pattern choice for these fabrics. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Shannon Meyer said...

I love that this quilt is reversible and that Charlie Brown fabric is great!!!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Perfect pattern to showcase those prints. Your runner looks great and I love the Snoopy fabric too :)

-Soma

Anonymous said...

I like simple quilts and my next quilt is going to be a rail fence quilt.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Great table runner!

gpc said...

I agree with you about the great colors, your runner is fabulous. :)

Unknown said...

It is beautiful fabric!

Bonnie said...

Love the table runner. Thanks for the chance to win. I don't have a quilt shop very close either. It seems that online is the answer for a lot of us.

Lana said...

What a GORGEOUS table runner!!!! You should be very proud...your craftsmanship is exquisite! !!!

Gmama Jane said...

Your table runner looks nice with the color choices you had to work with. I do wish the pictures had been larger but then we work with what we have, don't we? Where do you live?
Happy Halloween!!!
Gmama Jane

Janarama said...

The person receiving the table runner is going to love it. Great job.

Brandy said...

The colors of this fabric are also what drew my attention, and then I got to see some in person and it took all my willpower not to purchase yards of each! I love reversible table runners, they make so much sense. :) Thank you for sharing your project!
~Brandy

Cristiana said...

Lindo trabalho. Adorei!

charlotte said...

Wonderful job. I love the rail fence pattern and these colors are great for that. Nice job.

Leah said...

I love the rail fence pattern. Great choice of fabrics for yours. It is lovely!

Karen Rowland said...

Lovely job on your table runners!! I love Halloween!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thank you for being in the hop, enjoyed seeing your project. I'm in a rural area too, the fabrics were found at a store 2 hours away. Luckily I knew about the hop before the trip!

evelyn said...

This fabric looks great in the rail fence pattern. Love that your runner is reversible.

Aurea said...

Great projects. Thanks for showing them.

BarbCarol said...

Love the way the cats look like they are following a path. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Great job on your table runner!

Charlene McCain said...

Perfect pattern for this fabric line. Your table runner looks great!

Joyce Carter said...

Love the colors you used in your table runner and the fact that it is reversible. Very pretty (Snoppy is one of my favorites.) Thank you for sharing.

Sandy said...

Cute tablerunner...I need one for Halloween too! Thanks for sharing.

Patty said...

nice versatile table runner.

Mary Pat Callihan said...

A reversible table runner that your friend will love...score! I struggle with the photo part too...no worries, you did a great job!

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Great use of your fabrics...and who can resist good ole Snoopy? Too cute!

linny said...

Really enjoying this blog hop. The fabrics are great. Your table runner turned out beautifully.
lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

Teatime Creations said...

Like your runner rail fence pattern and also that fact that it can be reversed and used for another season. Very cute.

Oneoldgoat1962 said...

Love your table runner! i'm lucky - I have 2 quilt shops within 50 miles!

Beth

OhioLori said...

I think you did grrrreat job! Creative Lady for sure!! Reversible too is such a Plus too...I always do a drip or smill on placemats & all! lol

Quilt n Queen said...

I love making table runners and your Black Cat Crossing runner is great...love that it is reversable!! Your friend is going to love it!! Thanks for sharing!!

dcargill said...

Halloween will be my 58th birthday so winning a Halloween mug rug would thrill me!

Carla said...

I do most of my shopping online. The online shops are better about sponsoring giveaways and I don't have a shop close. Over an hour and not a big selection. Great table runner. This fabric is puuurfect for it.

Bonnie Pfrimmer said...

Love the table runner!! Awesome job. I have to shop online also, we don't have any quilt shops around. Thank you for sharing...bpfrimmer@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

I love your runner it is fun! I am an online shopper too!

Michelle said...

Love the table runner. Out of four shops in town only one carried the line. That shop only had four patterns. I had to buy the rest I needed on line. Thank goodness for online shops.

GranChris said...

The runner is wonderful. Reversible is a great idea.

Farm Quilter said...

Just a perfect table runner! I love how you made reversible so it could be used year round!!

LJ said...

I understand that finding specialty fabric is really hard - online works so well. That was great to make the table runner two-sided so your friend can get double use out of it.

LJ said...

I understand that finding specialty fabric is really hard - online works so well. That was great to make the table runner two-sided so your friend can get double use out of it.

LJ said...

Sorry about the double comment above!! Doubles must be in season. :) Sometimes Blogger won't take my comments and I have to watch to make sure they display and this time I got two for the price of one - funny!

tac73 said...

This is a fun blog hop to follow! Love the table runner.

Unknown said...

I know you had fun using that fabric...thanks for the giveaway offer, too!
yessewingisfun@yahoo.com

Needled Mom said...

It's so nice to have it reversible. The Rail Fence does make a great quilt.

Lovelli Quilts said...

I could not survive without online shopping. I think it makes us more creative because, by necessity, we are forced to do more with less. I love your rail fence.

The Slow Quilter said...

We work with what we have and everything will turn out right. Your phone photos will get better, and shoping for fabric on line will fine you bargains. Your rail fence is great.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I love the rail fence quilt as it's simple but gives a good visual effect. And you finished it which is more than I've done this month.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I was going to leave my email just in case I win but I forgot and hit the submit button but here it is. kthurn@bektel.com

Jacklynn Grimm said...

Love the grunge fabrics, they go great together. Thanks for the chance to win your give away! jacklynnsteven at netzero dot com

carla said...

Hi!!!! I love it!!!! Love that it is reversible!!! Double wicked!!!!

Gwen said...

This Black Cat Crossing Hop has been so much fun! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!! Thanks for taking part! :-)

Shanna said...

Wicked work, very wicked indeed, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love online shopping too. Great project and such a great friend to make it for her.