This would be My November/December 2015 round up!!
The year definitely has not ended how I wanted it - AT ALL! But! There have been many positive and good things that have happened as a result of stupid idiotic Cancer!!
In my crappy days - I have little Gully to keep me sane and happy. This picture was him totally enthralled with the birds outside - the many many of them.
Meet Sam-Wise Gamgy - The cutest little bad-add kitten!!! He's attempting to bond with Mia. This is the family's new addition. My brother brought him home for my parents. He is the perfect distraction to everything going on. And he's a little suit! So much fun. So much energy!Onto Christmas preparations!!! Hubs and the young-niece putting up MIL's Christmas Tree - was so much fun watching the 2 of them together. They are such smart-assed!!! (Again, amazing distraction!!)
Ok - this gingerbread house has made it's founds around Facebook. A wee little kid got so excited at its picture she managed to post it - with comments! (ha!). Hub's work had a cookie-exchange .... I thought it needed something a bit controversial! SO - Zombie Barn scene!!! Rick and Shane were protecting little baby Jesus in the manger! (Yea - I know VERY bad!!! But perfect)
The house won first prize too!! MWAHAHAH!

Then onto learning how to make THE white cookies - the cookies only my mother can make - I did it!! With her sitting on the stool guiding me all the way! I am SOOO excited to make these again next year with her! We (my mom and aunt) have BIG plans next year ... we will have 2 mixers - my 3 amazing baking pans - and every flat surface in my kitchen used :) Can't wait for it! Now onto my lovely work area - the "Pink Palace" as people are calling it. I kinda went a little over board with the pink/purple decorations - but it's tasteful!!! Here I am posing!! HA!
And! Christmas Night at my house!! I cooked an amazing turkey and all the fixing. It was amazing!!!
We got together and attempted a late night selfie to send out to my family in Alberta .... We tried!!!
SO, onto a New Year in our lives ... a whole new set of challenges to face. But - we are all doing it as a family. I'll be posting a lot come mid January! I'm in 2 Quilting Bees - and have big plans this year for quilting. I have a few tops that are getting DONE this year :) And lots of plans!!!




1 comment :
Sounds like you're busy making lemonade, Dee. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment