Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Babies ... Moneta Dress!!

Well!

I'm getting back to the land of the living... I've managed to hide away in my own little world long enough.

It's been about 2weeks now ... and it's getting a bit better.

I've managed to SEW!!! Pick up my sewing machine and do something. Cut fabric ... actually try.

I have so much I want to do - some things I *have* to do - but at least I'm wanting to do things again.

I've had some changes!

My brother and his wife had a little wonderful bundle of joy 3wks ago - Sophia Elizabeth - she's BEAUTIFUL! Long legs and arms - and huge feet :)


I got to snuggle her a couple times and it was wonderful!!! I'm hoping to see a bit more of the wee one too! :)

Now onto something a little bit more exciting! :)

I got spoiled by my dear friend Nita -she asked me to make a dress with her while she was up visiting - then she sent me the real pattern - so I have one of my own!! I was solo happy when it arrived in the mail!

I spent last weekend at the lake sewing with her! :)

This amazing dress is ... by Colette ... Moneta!!!

She's been made with lovely ITI - ITY? "Fabric from Hell" in this lovely coral shade ... "It's bright and flower just like you" as someone pointed out today. I made a belt in the same color - which matched perfectly to the dress. And then someone at work said try it with a black belt - I LOVE IT!!! :) Kinda more modern!

Anyways! I cried some ... spent 1.5 HOURS seem ripping the elastic out of the skirt on Monday night ... crying! And then last night I cried some more when I couldn't get the sleeve hemming just right - ugh! SO frustrating! But no one could tell - so that's great. No one thought I made it - so what a nice complement!

I have enough fabric to make one more dress - going to make a white base with silhouette of flowers in teal and dark brown - beautiful fabric. And I'm pretty sure 100 times easier to sew as well :) yahoo!!

So - Welcome to my new love!!

No comments :