I'm not 100% sure if my mojo is fully back - but it's sure the heck trying to peek through these days!
(Ok, and my love for Blogger is back - oh wait - by that I mean I'm darn near screaming at this machine cause it's not working!!)
Thanks to Hubs - I'm back to being addicted to watching Netflix ... which means I can watch the same show - in all my favorite comfort spots. So, start something after work while relaxing ... In the middle of making dinner - or cleaning the kitchen ... while falling asleep ... AND! While quilting. It's great! I forgot about it. So - on my show agenda is watching the full 12 seasons of NCIS!!! HAHAHA! My secret addition.
Thanks to this - I've finished (what I'm calling now) "Seeing Starts in Paris" quilt - She's the perfect size for snuggling on the couch. I'll be doing hand quilting in the white of the starts and around the larger outside border. (not 100% sure what I'll use for binding - thinking of a nice deep purple - not quite black - but close to it.). This will be for my middle niece ... I'm really hoping she likes it.
I managed to de-stash a little bit and use up some scraps. My first one - "Dee's Lunch-Mat" is about 14X10 - perfect size to eat my lunch on at work while I'm at my desk - should look nice there as well.
My next one is a little Cup'o Tea Rug ... 10X8 -> this one will come to work as well - and hopefully find a home. I've used some of *my* favorite fabrics - both lines were made into beautiful quilts - and these are the wee little bits of scraps. It's nice that i tend to have some scraps left -that way I keep a little piece of some of my most favorite quilts.
I have some plans for other quilts - I think I've picked what I want to make my wee little niece. There's something about those heart blocks that I just LOVE!!! And I have 2 pink ones left ... I'm thinking of making some purple and teal colors and making a nice 9 patch quilt for her. I think it'll be nice and bright and pretty for her!! (So - unless I go bonkers - that's the next quilt).
I've been searching long and hard for a manly-quilt idea .... and sorta easy - but obviously manly ... so that's also on the works ...

2 comments :
cool
Stars of Paris are just perfect! I would like to order a piece of quilt from yours! How much would it cost? Your talents are superb!
Post a Comment