Monday, January 11, 2016

WIP - Monday update

 Welcome to my weekend update!!

The room!!! I got 1.5 massive garbage bags emptied from the space. I even managed to totally reorganize the closet - so you can WALK into it like normal! It's a beautiful feeling. The room is "cluttered" - but totally functional. The floor even got a good shop-vac! I can now scrapbook AND quilt at the same time. (Or in in realitiy - I look over at the scrapbooking space wishing I could move the room around and utalize the peg-board for quilting!)
Reorganizing the space really really has made me wish for money ... I would love to replace the homemade wall shelf I've made ... I'm sure with a real book shelf - I could get much more stuff in there properly. So that's kinda my wish!

Mean while!!! as soon as it got cleaned! I started getting the wee little baby blanket for my ex-coworker made. I'm not sure if it's a girl or a boy - so I left the binding off of it till I know. I used Stampin' Up fabric for this - amazing little fat quarter bundles! (You will be seeing more fabric from them - such a shame they stopped making fabric).


And here we have my newest project! :)  This fabric was a gift (the patterned stuff) this Christmas ... There was about 100 charm sized random blocks - in a "Paris" theme - PERFECT combo for the 13 y/o niece.  I'm doing a wonky (nor very!!) star block with white on white as the start. It'll be about 3 blocks by 4 ... something like that. I'll do a nice border of white on white and something else ... The plan was for the raindbow quilt to go to her ... but that's kinda not really right for her ... she's more of a darker kid ... so this is perfect!! 

SO there!! Quilting related post for ya!!! 

(Oh!! See the last little picture there - the wee little block - it's going to be my first attempt at a mini quilt!! Using the scraps from the stars!!!) 


No comments :