Thursday, May 08, 2008

Apparently I'm to blog my little Gas Pumping experience!
So, after caving and telling my friends that I have NOOO idea what I'm doing, I got up the nerve to go down and get some. I practice in the garage first, making sure I get the cap off and on properly, so I don't look totally stupid! (my old car, I couldn't get that part to work at all!!)
So, I make it out of the subdivision, everything OK! I make it past the 1st little crappy gas station, and the gas light comes ON! So, I'm praying, literally praying as I go down the hill that I make it!! I made it!
I get my $67.something worth in gas .. all I kept thinking as the gas kept going in... and in .. and in that I put it in the wrong spot and it's leaking someplace, cause there's NO way I needed that much gas. I was like, OK! make this thing stop anytime! It did ! So, off to the coffee shop for a little reward and some relief to my awful feeling chest.
SO, as my friend would put it, I did a BLUE DUTY!!!! :P
There, not much to tell .. but at least I blogged it! (That's for you Ed and Saddie!!)

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

What the heck is a BLUE duty?

It takes us about $70 to fill up our car these days, too - that's about 60L, I think. :)

I remember one time I drove Michael's car to a full-service place to fill up and I had no idea how to open the gas tank (couldn't find the little button to push). The guy asked if I was okay, like I was on drugs or something!

I saw your status on FB earlier today - what's going on with your chest? You are falling apart over there, girl!

Twig's Corner said...

amazing what it takes to fill the tank anymore.

It takes about $70 to fill our blazer. So, we don't drive it much. I think in the last month, we have drove it twice.

Sadie said...

I can't believe you've never filled up your car before! That is crazy!!! I'm glad you were able to manage though. ;)