Saturday, August 30, 2008


So, Here I sit after reading this book in record time. I'm not one who's into a lot of different books these days. I stick to trashy romance that doesn't make me think of evoke a lot of emotions. Well, this is far from that.

If you're any bit into a love story, a true real love story, then this book is for you. In so many ways ... I cried and cried over it. Not just over the 2 "main characters" but for everyone in it.

Get a nice glass of wine and some bubble bath, and read this one. I loved it!!!

(this is all I'll post about the book though, since I think it's worth picking up for yourself and reading it!)

John Tyree is a product of the port city of Wilmington, North Carolina. Iced with pretentious summer vacation homes, the beaches invite visitors and homegrown youth to the finest in water sport. John had enlisted in the army after high school, not knowing exactly what he wanted to do with his life. Now on leave from his Army tour in Germany, he enjoys the return to surfing along the beach. It is here that he retrieves a young lady's bag that has dropped into the deep waters, an incident that changes his life forever.

And I have not forgotten about a post about my trip to Seattle ... when I get home long enough to upload some photos, I'll make a nice long post about the trip and show up all the funky photos of me and STEVE!!!! (yes, I'll even explain STEVE!!!!) Anyways ... off to dinner in Haines for me ... see what kinda "pretty" clothes I can find .. lol! That'll be interesting!

1 comment :

Sadie said...

I saw that book at Walmart and was wondering if it was any good. Thanks for the review! But one important question... Does it have a sad ending? I just can't stand that. Even if the book is great and the ending is great, I just can't stand sad stuff. I just can't do it. So, let me know if I should put it on my book list...