It's nearing my weekly Tuesday post it seems ... And we all wonder why most of my post hits a Tuesday morning -- honestly, it's because the major obsession in my life is on "hold" those mornings - World Of WarCraft undergoes it's maintenance for the most part of the morning (and into afternoon these days) , so that leaves me more time online to just do as I please.
My goals for at least part of the year is to ....
1) Scrapbooking some more -- I have to make at least 5 LOs a month, and I intend to do that (which I did do in January, so that's good!). I would like to get more than that done - so we'll see what happens this week if I can do a couple more before Feb.
2) Try and get some exercising done - I was so good there last year - Amazing actually. I totally fell off the wagon, let stress drive me insane, and "let myself go" -- hahahaa! So, The goal is to improve on that. Not become fanatical about it or anything like that, but to at least make some conservative effort. Have I done that for January - I have gotten a bit done, and at least I'm talking and thinking about it. So that's a major plus.
3) Get off WoW some more -- it's time to get off that stupid game more often -- every time I say I'll be doing that, I tend to gravitate back to it even more. See, it's not just the fact that it kills time and such , I have met some of the most amazing girls on there -- And the game allows us time to babble together for the evenings and spend time together that we normally wouldn't get since we're so far away from each other. So, all in all, I'm kinda stuck on the game!
4) Venture away from MY norm ... I'm wanting to try things that I wouldn't normally do in live. I'm going to Hawaii - most people who know me well are like WTH are you doing going there -- well, since it was my present, I'm going along, with bells on as well. I'm now looking forward to doing that, to trying the beach and going in a submarine! Something totally different for me.
I'd like to try fishing on a boat one day ... even if it's just for 20mins ... but I'll try it this year.
I rode on a quad this year already, and enjoyed it - I'd like to explore doing that some more for sure. Definitely want to take that up the beach in Carcross :)
To try and put myself out there a bit more - take some risks at work, join things that I wouldn't have done say last year - so far, I have managed to join our Occupational Health and Safety committee (which proves to be interesting), and I have joined the girls at work in doing the yearly Rely for Life for Cancer Research. I'm really looking forward to trying both those some more.
Try a different type of trip - spend sometime in Vegas MAYBE ... Do more trips for the two of us instead of doing everything for other people ... no more trips like that! Last year sucked all my energy out of me ... I started hating the idea of traveling again ... I'm hoping this year I can learn to say NO, and spend more time as a family with my husband!
5) Update the blog some more, take more pictures in life ... documentate more ... Figure out why I'm having my melt downs each month ... Keep the house cleaner (hahaha, that's a joke, but I can at least make some effort in doing it) ... Keep my music updated to some "new" stuff (that's long overdue as well!!)... Purge my clothing and buy some things that are a bit more "age appropriate" ... Get new scrubs!!! ... Save some money ..
So how's this for a deep blog post .. apperently tonight I was in the mood to do some serious typing. I never get these moods --at least it's not happened in awhile. Maybe it will more often. I'd like to try a post a month with just photos that I've taken ... see how well I can manage that. We'll see .. like a Month in Review via photos :)
I guess I have to get going ... must start chopping veggies for dinner ... I'm making buffalo stir fry ... with veggies and rice ... something simple but I'm starving! :)
1 comment :
I'm a compulsive goal setter so I love seeing other people's goals. Good luck with everything. It feels good to start fresh and try new things. Let me know if you need ideas for Vegas... that's my hometown.
Post a Comment