Saturday, February 14, 2009


Happy Valentine's Day!
So, how to start a V-day post after you've had a long nite shift at work ... an extra long one actually since I stayed behind this morning.

I hear of so many things people do today for their loved one ... I'm trying to think back of the most romantic ones we've had ... and honestly, I think our first was the best.
I wanted to make George an apple pie -- so, my mom helped me make one from scratch -- peel the apples, make the crust etc etc etc. What a shit load of work actually. It turned out to be the best damn pie ever in my history yet!! (one day I will make another, I'm sure) ... He loved it! To this day ...
We have a tradition though with us ... V-day fell on many many Tuesdays for sometime ... so, Tuesday nites are cheap wings at one of the "pubs" in town .. so we'd go have beer and wings every Valentine's Day -- yes, I know romantic, but the place was always nice and quiet and it was mellow as heck for us.
Tonight ... I think I'll be joining him when he plays a dance ... A fundraiser for one of the day cares in town -- So We'll see how tired I am by evening if I do manage to get there. I wouldn't mind the chance to get a little dolled up and leave :)

I hope everyone reading this remembers their wonderful V-day evenings or days ... and remember that it's not about the big grand gestures -- the simple things sometimes are the best!

No comments :