So .. I'm spending my quiet Saturday morning watching a rather ... hilarious "stupid" movie that got me thinking ....Sydney White
Click there to see the behind my thinking....So, onto to my "flash back" for the day ... the "popular" crowd ... the "in crowd" ... And how when you're in grade school .. so the "cool kids in grade 6" ... you think you're always going to stay friends with these people .. you'll never allow that stupid popular mentally break you up ... And how when you're in high school, all that changes .... These group of girls and "guy" here were so close in school ... such good friends, no one judged you on your looks, or what you did ... To think that 6 years did to everyone ... how how people went off into their horrible little clicks ...
I'm thankful for something over the years, I tried not to be part of that mentally .. that way of thinking. I kept my friends, and floated form circle to circle, not allowing what the "in crowd" thought of me ... I was different, I looked different, and I stuck to that. Most of the girls I kept friends with since high school, I still would drop my life if they needed me. We may not keep in touch a whole lot, but I still would.
I hate to think how life is going to be like for my nieces when they hit high school ... what pressures they are going to have. Are they going to want to "look that way" ... think that way ... fit in to this mold that you see happen. I do hope not! I hope they learn that it's more important to have GOOD friends, not lots of them .. but quality ones. And, to be liked for who you are, not for what you have and what you look like.
Okay, so yeah, this movie got me thinking about those younger days ... I am so happy I work in an environment where what you look like, and how you act has nothing to do with you. My closest gal pals at work are wonderful ... and they range from one size, one look to the complete opposite. I don't have to work in a place where what I'm wearing "counts" towards my job performance, how my coworkers treat me. I'm so happy that I can keep who I am with my friends.
(Oh, my spa and hair date when great. I'm still sick, feeling rather off this morning. But, at least I have pretty nails and hair!)
No comments :
Post a Comment