
Lovebug Scrapbooking had a weekend "Educational" Crop! It was awesome! I learned so many different techniques that I can't wait to share at my new monthly scrapbooking group! Sooo amazed at some of the stuff I learned! :) I didn't get a whole lot done, but I was happy!!!
Then, Saturday night I did a Creative Memories Party ... which was awesome! The company has totally changed their style and such. I was shocked! So, of course I spoiled myself! The goodies look awesome ... and if it's up to the CM quality like their old stuff, I'll be really pleased.
And this party lead to the new monthly group I joined. Everyone month till April (we're skipping December since Christmas is nutso for all of us).... we'll be having a CM crop night. There's 6 of us "playing" ... we all throw $50 in a pot each month, and that month's hostess gets to use it towards her party. And with that, she's able to get her goodies, along with another $45 of goodies from the catalog! It's a great idea! PLUS! We get to scrapbook together all day! I'm so excited to join this. This is the group that I'll be showing some of the new techniques to.
SO what did I learn?

The Flowers -- Well! This was the coolest thing in the world!! You take that crafting foam sheets ... you heat it up, and you stamp your impage on it in a darker shade of ink ... and, it like embosses the shape in it. It's awesome! I'll be using this method on some Christmas cards this year ... I want to try making a longer border too for a LO. I can't wait to show this off ... since the foam is SO cheap to get, and we all have ink and stamp
s :)The "Rockstar Geo" LO is using distressing techniques -- so eadging your paper with ink, then distressing the sides (so, I used an open pair of sizzors to shave off the sides), then you re-ink the area so that you see more of the distressing. (easy to do, but looks amazing when done right)
The "Me" LO -- the larger flowers are made with a sharpie pen, chip board and chalk. It looks really cool in real life! It's like faux suede -- VERY cool way to use up chipboard and when you want the nice antique look to something. I used some brown/black on the darker ones, then with the red one, I did the brown around the flower to give more of a rustic edge.
So this started my scrapbooking weekend. I made a whole bunch more cards for my B-day party invitations as well (I'll post those when I get a chance since they are so pretty). Thanksgiving weekend should be interesting as well in terms of crafts that I do. I have some scrapbooking planned, then I'll be spending the better part of the weekend making some Gum Paste Tulips for a friend's Birthday Cake -- I'm sooo nervous about trying this! But I'll post pictures too :P
No comments :
Post a Comment