Friday, February 26, 2010

Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops take place on the last Saturday of every month. Thanks so much for joining us!

If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to and start the Hop. You won't want to miss all the inspiration from our members....... or the prizes :-)

Our theme for February is "Leaps and Bounds".

This month's blog is about spring … and I'm to inspire you with something "springie" …. So here goes!

Spring here up north doesn't really happy till May … so it's not very "spring like" in the Yukon … but that's ok! I can at least dream!

I Love Love Loooooooove Quotes! I love to add them to cards; I find them a great source of inspiration. So here's to adding some of these quotes to some of my cards for February.

April is a promise that May is bound to keep. ~Hal Borland

Where man sees but withered leaves,
God sees sweet flowers growing.
~Albert Laighton

That God once loved a garden we learn in Holy writ.
And seeing gardens in the Spring I w
ell can credit it.
~Winifred Mary Letts

In June as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them. ~Aldo Leopold

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood

Indoors or out, no one relaxes in March, that month of wind and taxes, the wind will presently disappear, the taxes last us all the year. ~Ogden Nash

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb
on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"

I went ahead and made some of these quotes into cards J I absolutely love how they turned out.

What I did was print out the quotes into plain printer paper – I added a little border to them as well. Then added some glitter to them to make them pop a bit more. I took a piece of double sided colored card stock (not really card stock, but thicker PP), and cut out an opening for the quote, leaving an edge that could be folded back, making a window. I attached the 2 to a coordinating piece of paper. I added coordinating embellishments to the front of the card as well. I mounted the whole thing onto the cards, and cut away the access "card".

So, Like last month!!! I'll randomly draw a name and send you 2 of these cards. Last month, Ziggy won – and I sent him his (yes ladies, a HE!!! Reads my blog regularly!!) magnet – which he loves! So, I can't wait to see who wins this month! I'll do the draw on Monday!! So post your comments everyone J

This blog hop will run from today, February 27th until March 2nd. We will be drawing for winners on March 3rd.

Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is Margo's Blog --> http://myscrappyspot.blogspot.com/ Please enjoy her post! And follow to the next person at the end of her post

Happy Blogging everyone!!

13 comments :

Colleen said...

Great job and thanks for the quotes.

Margo said...

I love the colours you have used!! And I love quotes too!!

Jackie said...

I'm a quote user too, that's great!

Carissa said...

Those quotes are great. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Great cards Dee!!! Love the quotes too. :)

Saxon and Jaedyn said...

Really great idea! The quotes are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the great quotes. Love your cards. The cut out idea is great for a quote card.

Unknown said...

love that you made a "set" with quotes and some common paper. great design!

Tanya said...

Love you quotes and your cards are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Those look great, and i LOVE quotes, too!!

Lisa L. said...

great quotes!

Janet's Joy said...

Thanks for the quotes!

Unknown said...

Great quotes! TYFS!