Friday, April 16, 2010

Okay, so hair, hairspray and quilting! Such a strange Friday in my life.

So tonight is the 20th Anniversary of the BIG BAND – the band George has been playing in for the past 18 years or so. He's the bass player – a mighty friggen fine one at that. They are having the dance at Mnt Mac tonight. I'm really hoping there's lots of people – it's a perfect weather day to go out dancing!

I thought tonight I would go looking a bit pretty …. Ie, do my hair up – so I thought of the easy way – French braid it, let it dry and it'll be perfect. Meh! That didn't work out one little bit. Then I thought of hair rollers – well, my hair is a wee bit long and a wee bit thick for the crappy rollers I have here. I gave up on that idea after basically ripping them out of my hair (@#@!@# ouch!). Onto plan C …. Curling Iron!

The last time I tried to "curl" my hair it failed miserably. I wasn't holding onto much hope today that it would work. But, I was bound and determined to at least do something different. So I tried again! It worked!!! Really, seriously, I have nice hair right now. I'm so very pleased.

I did go through 3 different outfit choices though – and I'm still debating to through the dress on instead of the pants/top I have picked out. We'll see what I pick I guess. So far the pants are comfy! But the dress looks awesome with the hair and that. UGH! I hate being a girly girl sometimes – So many clothing choices.

BLOG HOP NEXT WEEKEND!!! WOOT! I have a great project planned to show case – I'm hoping I have enough of all my supplies though. I'll start some of the work on my night shifts since I'm not going to have a quilt to quilt. I'm all excited!

Anyways! Can you tell I'm bored :P

1 comment :

Fawn said...

Is that fuschia top you have on the one you picked out? I LOOOOOVE the colour! But! DRESS! There are enough dress opportunities in life IMHO. I dug out my black dress last night and now I'm just trying to decide on fishnets and wedge heels or else bare legs and blue silk heels. So many choices, as you say! ;)