I also have had some changes in my life – I took up golfing, with beautiful purple clubs, and would be doing that A LOT of I had my way! We got a boat – which goes in the water tomorrow for the first time (I’ll post pictures). The spring is turning into a beautiful warm summer – that’s a huge difference from the past couple of years. (Yes, I’m tanned, me, miss anemic white is tanned!!) I’m having a big change at work. I lose yet another RN … I’m really starting to get a bit sick of these changes happening every 6 months. UGH! Oh well!
So, this brings onto the CAKE!!! I thought it would be nice to make her a homemade cake as her going-away present/birthday present. It turned out perfectly!! The girls LOVED it last night at work. I’m really happy with it. It’s a bit dense than I had wanted, but man the orange tasted friggen good. Here’s a beautiful picture of the master piece. (The recipe is adapted from my Grandmother’s old Betty Crocker Red Cookbook I had inherited. Then the icing was taught to me by mom. Using LOTS of grated orange zest and some of the fresh juice for flavor).
Now the NEXT cakes I’m making now (yeah, I’m getting off yet another night shift baking a friggen cake! I’m kind of not enjoying this too much, but whatever it has to get done sooner or later). I’m making a vanilla sheet cake with white icing, and then some fondant decorations. (I’ll take pictures for sure!!). Then some simple chocolate cup cakes. These are for a baby shower at work. VERY simple! But still cakes! J
HATS!!! HATS!! And more HATS! I swear, it’s a perfect month when you get 2 hats!! And 2 winderfuly distinct looking hats! One – the lovely green hat was purchased in Victoria – after looking all over in the store, and not finding one that was big enough for my fat head! I got this wonderful little teal green one. The story behind this one!!! We’re at the till, checking out, and George sees a very family face at the till buy a wack of hats. He’s like he’s a figure skater … I just know he is. So, we left the store and googled it quickly, and it was Kirk Browning – and GEORGE figured it out before me … that was really cool!
And the purple hat!!! My new golfing hat!! Penny (my dear counterpart from last year when I was doing the Monday-Friday job)… went over to England last week for a holiday and brought me back this! It’s so nice fitting on the head too. I’m in LOVE! I love it! She also brought be back this sweet little Voodoo doll! Okay, I’m not nuts, and neither is she. But, it’s a “Voodoo Tinkerbelle” doll! (Here’s a link to all of them!! http://www.hotmunkey.co.uk/index.php?cPath=1_4 ) And they are friggen cute! I hope they become available in Canada REALLY soon! Cause man, I can think of a few people who have to get one. Needless to say, Penny made my whole week! I love her!
Oh and I guess I need to discuss Quilting eh!?!? HAhaha! SO, I’m making a beautiful quilt for a really good friend of mine, who really really deserves this quilt for many many reasons. I love her to death! SO, it’s out of Hushabey fabric (that was sold out pretty much anywhere online and I really never thought I’d get my greedy hands on some of it). We found a cute quilt shop down in Victoria, and guess what they had! AND! I got 5 fat quarters as well. So I have it all ready to be hand quilted – I’ve been going nonstop on it since Monday morning. I’m just finishing thet hand quilting and I’ll go from there. (I’m taking it out to the lake tomorrow to work on). I’m on a debate to sew the binding on it again, since I did try that method last week, and it went so so – I now know what to do differently. (It’s 100 times faster than doing the old sew by hand on the back method!!!) Hopefully in the next couple of days I’ll have it all finished.
**I have NOT forgotten my 82 Blocks either – It’s been just REALLY busy here with the aunts in town, and scrapbooking and extra quilting projects have been put on hold. I’m to make 3 more layouts and 3 cards by Tuesday though – so I guess I’ll be hiding down there Monday morning working like a banshee getting those done!! **
My next quilt has to be my mom’s … so I’m going to figure out what to do there. I can’t wait to start her’s J those fabric are beautiful daisy flannels in purple and green shades. Totally my mom’s favorites. I’m thinking a simple 9 patch idea … We’ll see. I was looking last for pattern ideas. Hopefully something comes to mind soon. (I hate not having a pattern in my head and just buying fabric … soo can’t be doing that anymore!!)
(And there’s a guy outside I swear coughing up a lung – EEWWW sounding this early in the morning Thank you very much!)
OH! Check out the Lovebug Website today – it’s BLOG HOP TIME!! (Sorry, not participating this month, since I can’t even get a simple card made!!) But please, see what all the wonderful ladies have made!! http://lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com/
No comments :
Post a Comment