So, onto my latest quilt. I'm labeling this "Mom's quilt form Hell" … Seriously!!! I should never ever ever have done this pattern with these fabrics. Such a waste IMO … But, I'm sure it's going to look awesome when I finally get it done. So far, the cutting and sewing and then re-cutting was a pain … then now I'm onto the re-sewing part of it. I have a whack of triangles to sew together, then I sew the blocks together, then I sew the rows together. Frig me it's ending up being a lot of work. I'm praying I can get this right. The overall look is very different. I have an idea on how to "quilt" it as well; I'll make the large diagonal squares stick out for sure. (I have a couple borders I'll add and the backing will be large squares together, to make it look funky!!)
Anyways, here's a preview! I had to pin little tags onto each triangle so I could know what gets sewn to what. I'm hoping this works.
I have 2 other big project this week as well. (over top the quilt, and doing some more scrapbooking pages).
- The Boob—oh sorry, I mean Baby Shower Cake. My girl friend and I are going to take a stab at making one of these kinds of cakes. I know it's tacky, I know it's featured on my favorite CakeWrecks blog and all. BUT! Considering the lovely mother
-to-be has some …. Well, chest issues over top the large belly issue, it's PERFECT! But, not only are we making this homemade, we're going to TRY and make our own homemade fondant to go onto of it. I'm having a hard time getting premade fondant in town, and since I left this part to the last minute, we have to make our own. I know we can cover the whole thing in regular frosting, but yeah, we have some perfection issues. So, this week, we're trying this out. OMG I'm excited! So that's a big thing (I stole the picture from some random location on the net -- there is nothing saying I like or dislike this one ... It's just a random cake that I wish ours would turn out kinda like!!) - Handmade baby pillows … but, to match the baby quilt I had made. Yes, for the same lovely mother-to-be! I have extra fabric from the quilt (Okay, enough friggen fabric to make another whole larger quilt, but we'll not go there) and I have extra batting, a fair bit actually. (No, not just from the baby quilt, but from all the other 4 I've done this year). So, I'm going to be trying my hand at that. I was going to be making little wall hangings with the same fabric, but I thought the pillows might just be more functional for the mom.
Anyways … Happy blogging ladies. I know this isn't the most exciting blog post, but it's a post for the week.
1 comment :
love the blog, the cake looks great
Post a Comment