A question I've been pondering lately ... Can you be fat and happy? Can you be fat and healthy? When is being "fat" considered the world's worst thing? When it is considered just "how a person is"? I guess that'll never happen. And surely, I'm not allowing myself to think "that's just me" either. BUT! I'm allowing myself those extra 40lbs (Okay, who am I kidding, the extra lots!!) and I'm still ME! Goodness me I can't wait till summer when ME, who's beyond comfortable in my fat, can go out and show some of it off now and again.
I'm not really nagging on those trying to get healthy- I've done that, and offended THOSE people already. But I'm just starting to be realistic with myself and my own image. I don't need someone else telling me how I should look or "how healthy" I should be. Everyone would be walking around this world looking the same ... You're 5'5 so you need to weight THIS! Okay, so now we have billions of people looking the same at that height ... that totally takes away "me" in this equation. Anyways!
I am doing "something" about being large ... But it's more about being active ... doing something throughout the week to be more active. It really doesn't have anything to with pounds or how I look. Just simply, "getting off my ass" and not spending the whole week vegging in front of the TV. I've also starting moving around when I am home on the off nights -- if I'm on the phone, 90% of the time I'm up walking around the house ... putting laundry away, cleaning the kitchen ... making dinner. Doing "something" on my feet. It's not for a "healthy" thing in some way.
I dunno! I think I'm just 1/2 ass ranting and 1/2 ass just plain BLAH when it comes to some things ... I totally commend the people who've done that massive -100lbs life change ... I'm impressed with it. But, seriously, when I look at some of them, I don't see who they ARE anymore. I see someone trying to follow numbers, follow points, follow this, follow that. No more THEM inside. I think maybe that's more what this post is about. Loosing what I see as their selves while doing this big massive journey.
So off I go to walk the dog -- gently stroll around the area ... off I go to swimming tonight to go visit with some friends ... then off to work in the morning ... to sit mindlessly at my desk ... looking longingly outside ... wishing my office was in a much nicer section of town. Somehow, come summer, I am going to just have to face the industrial area and go for a walk on lunch. Can you say sunglasses, baggy hoodie and Ipod for that excursion!
My last thought ... Go and be yourself ... try not to change who you are too much ... remember that everyone is at different stages of their health and fitness goals ... and maybe sometimes, people are just happy being who they are ... and if that means 50extra pounds, then love them for that. Don't try and change them, mould them, or shove your health beliefs down their throat!
(Promise, next blog post will be something crafty!!)
1 comment :
You put me to shame. I spend entirely too much time sitting on my duff. I am a slug by nature.
Post a Comment