Sunday, March 06, 2011

 Crafts ... slumber party ... nail polish ... Cartoons ... Tangled ... Ahh, what a wonderful combination to have after a rather long week at work. And a particular strange Friday.

  My Friday ... I stopped into work ... begrudgingly ... rather unhappily. Rather cranky and rather very upset. BUT! It was OK! I got over that .. and am really over that because well, there's not much I can do about it. I still love my job, and tomorrow is a whole new day, with a whole new attitude and outlook on the position. So, onto the fun stuff ... I guess!

Abby and Mady ... my two lovely nieces came over for a sleep over at my place. The first time to have both nieces at onces, and really the first sleep over for Mady. It went much better than I could ever have imagined. The old one ... "the child" was amazing and patient with the young one. She kept a close eye on her while Gully was around so I was impressed. She's ever so .... "tweenie" in a away. I'm happy we have a laptop she can plug away on and play with.

  The the young one ... aahhh to amazingly well behaved and quiet! And a little craft bug!! O-M-G!!! I was impressed with her eagerness to do more crafts! I can't wait till she comes over another time now. The plan this time was kinda just watch TV and relax. But, she wanted to make things. I found some of the big puzzle pieces I had, some magnets and a Valentine's Day Scarpbooking kit ... and we were set. She'd trace the big puzzle piece on the paper (perfectly I might add) and I would help cut it out -- since those are kinda tricky movements -- then she'd decorate it all and we'd put it together. I was so impressed with her creativity!

  The plan for the next visits ... Abby would like to sew her own bag - so hubs bought her the fabric and the pattern to make one. And, I'll help her out. It's fairly simple. If it becomes too complicated, we'll wing it with some of the ones I've made. But this has a couple benefits - she'll need to follow the instructions very carefully so it turns out OK. I'm excited to get to try this. I have a couple little purse kits to make with Mady -- hopefully I can find them. If not, we'll make her a purse out of some of the fabric I have :) I can't wait.

  On the quilting horizon! Finish Lisa's black and white quilt :) (I'll post pictures when that's completed). And make a baby quilt! My girl in Everett is having a baby girl!! (And I get to go see in her July! So that's even more exciting! yeahoo). And, this one has a special twist. It'll be out of black, HOT pink and the skull fabric!! I can't wait!! I know it'll be so well used. I have some pink and black minky fabric left, some HOT pink flannel and of course, the cool skull fabric. I'll check my stock before I start quilting it ... I might need some extra pieces, but it'll be worth every bit of it!

The girls!
  I purchased some fabric .... from the Scarborough Line from MODA - and it's to make a certain beautiful cottage like pattern. I can't wait to try it out. It'll be queen size and for our bed. So all in all, I'll be busy with quilting this year once I get started. I have 3 queen size quilts to be made, 2 baby quilts and some more aprons for Christmas. I love it!! I can't wait to get started on some of these big projects.

  Anyways! It's a nice day .... :)

No comments :