I'm trying rather hard these days to spend a bit of time thinking of what I'm truly grateful for in this life:
- My husband .... someone to come home to. Someone to banter with and joke with and love with. He's been a support system, encouragement person and really, has been my rock through some pretty messed up times in my life. We've over come some pretty good obstacles to get to where we are now.
- My Family ... They are always there for me. They act as support when I need it. They give me unconditional love at all times. I pull my hair out at times with them, but they are there. My mom who's been at my side through everything in my life deserves some medal for doing that. And my dad for making the time to let mom spend that much time with me. For his massive comforting hugs that make *everything* better again. My brother .... Yeah .... enough said there :)
- The girls ... My two nieces really puts life in perspective sometimes. Both so different, both with so much potential and I love it. They are the best thing to watch grow and learn new things. My worst days are made the BEST when one of them is around. I am so blessed to be part of their lives and to have them in mine. I can't say enough about the joy I get from them. <3
- My friends ... I work in an environment (worked/work, whatever) that can be pretty self-less at times. You give and give and give and often times, that goes unnoticed. But they make me feel like it's not. They validate what I do in my life as important. The constant support and encouragement from my friends is amazing. They truly drive me to keep what I'm doing going ... and not give up. Each one of them has something special in my life. Whether they are form my past or my present, they mean so damn much to me and my life.
- My Health .... I know this one is a bit tricky. And what I'm grateful for about that is a bit different. But I have my health. I am up walking, talking and SEEING. Yes, one eye - but it's one cherished eye! A messed up knee, but it's working, and it's getting me through all the troubles. I'm lucky as heck to be in the "shape" I'm in ... because there are people going through the same issues as I am, and are in a whole lot worse situations. I'm happy that I can at least manage what I have and am coming out on the plus side of life
Okay, it's 0630 - I need to get my lunch sorted out and my snacks made ... at least this is as blog post -- not craft related at all, but it's my blog, and I'll do what I want :) I do have some pictures taken of recent craft creations - but I haven't done nearly enough crafting in the past 3mths -- so I think that'll become a goal of mine -- spend a weekend scrapbooking ... and do some quilting before bed. SOMETHING :)
No comments :
Post a Comment