Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well, ever since I don't have a monthly blog-hop to take part in - I'm finding the amount of blog posts I do do are few and far between .... lets see if I can some how rectify this.

  For now, here's a wee update on how things are going from the last post. (No worries, there will NOT be an update picture of my eye to share - since even turning it black and white might make it look rather scary looking.). The eye surgery ... well, parts of it went wonderfully! I recovered the frist 2 days feeling pretty OK. I was even able to do some shopping and walking around the mall for awhile. Hubs was wonderful! He took great care of me ... and helped my mental sanity just as good as mom has done in the past. I was so pleased!!
  It's after the plane ride home that things changed .... I knew something was "wrong" with the eye - the pain and sensation I was having was "wrong" .... nothing like the 2 first days post-op. So, onto the ER for us ... it seems I was developing cellulitus in the eye (infection = swelling = pain!) .... so meds for that for me. I just finished my 10 day course of medications ... and so far, it's doing rather well. I finally feel like I'm healing ... I'm not so exhausted from eye pain anymore.
  I learned a wonderful lesson though --- No more Eye surgeries for me ... This one did not give me the expected results ... the double vision is still there - just in a different spot now -- NOT what I was expecting at all. A *big* disappointment when you consider what I went through after the fact. So ... I do believe I'm done with them ... the eye can sit and get worse on its own -- no more messing around with it.

  On a crafty note - the room was cleaned up this weekend ... it's ready for some creating ... I'll make a wee list of challenges I'd like to work on to give me a boost .... and I have my quilting projects listed out for the next 6mths -- so I'll be a busy lady -- I *have* to make the time to get back into my crafty side. I need an outlet on these crappy feeling days. (Most days I have swimming or walking -- but on those off days -- I need something!)

  Thanks for reading .... whoever you are out there.

2 comments :

Fawn said...

I'm sorry to hear the surgery wasn't successful, Dee. That just sucks. I'm glad the worst of it is over now, at least.

Can't wait to see what you create! :)

Nita said...

George filled me in at band practice. Sorry to hear it didn't go the way you'd hoped it would. I can't wait to hear about what you are creating in your newly cleaned room! And to sit on the swing out at the lake & compare projects. :)