This week ... I will be embarking a new mini journey. Or at least that's what I'm calling it cause I really don't know what else I can call this.
But, this will be the FIRST, in 31 years ... that I won't be having my mother next to me. She has been at my side This time around - she'll be hanging out in Africa while I'm getting this done. This is a major step in my life to go through - ignoring the surgery itself - It's a whole life step to go through by myself. Ok, that's not totally correct - Hubs will be with me ... This is the first real time I'll be totally relying on him for everything. That as well is a big step for me to take. Not only is it not my mom - it's not a nurse (which is what mom is) ... so that has be worried as well.
I know Hubs will take the best care of me ... he always has in the past ... that doesn't have me worried at all. But it's still not my mom. I don't like many people seeing me in that horrible vulnerable state that a person gets in post (ok, pre for that matter!) surgery. Maybe knowing it's him at my side I'll be stronger in some way? I sure hope that's going to be the case.
I have positive things to think of during this though ... It's happening in Vancouver - away from Whitehorse - so that'll be a treat. As much as it's comforting "knowing" the hospital staff looking after you - it's nice to not know them in a way.
Anyways!!! What a strange week it will be. :)
On a happy positive note! I'm feeling great ... ignoring the wrist that somehow is acting up ... totally changing how I use the computer at home ... and that -- but whatever! I'll get that sorted out. A BIG life change is starting at home .... A Healthy positive twist on living. A couple hick-ups will be happening, but I think it's a big positive step in the right direction. :) My first class is at the end of the month - I'm excited to see where it goes and who else in taking this with me. I'm hoping I can become a much more contentious person when it comes to my over-all health from this.
Needless to say, with everything going on, all my craft projects have been put on hold. When I get back from Vancouver, I'll be reevaluating the time I spend doing what in my life. I *need* to get back my creative outlet - so quilting and scrapbooking at a *must* --> Also!!! There's a Relay For Life Fundraising event I need to produce something for when I return -- so that might get looked at this weekend before I leave too :) I thought of making up a candle set basket - and then do something crafty to auction off.
Alrighty, that's it for my typing ... this post has taken some strange turns ... but that's me! :)
Happy Days to everyone out there :)
1 comment :
Hey, Dee - everyone who loves you (including me) is with you in spirit. You are one brave little cookie, let me tell you!
and...what is the class you are taking???? do tell!
N.
Post a Comment