So, My lovely fishing triup was a success. I ... yes, me! Miss chicken-shit ... scared of the water ... scared of heights ... went fishing on the ocean on Saturday. I caught me 2 lovely halibut as well! And one of those babies was caught NOT using the metal holder .... but all on my own. I was kinda in shock that I was able to do it like that. (My 2nd one was a bit bigger, so i kept the rod in place). We ended up with 12 fish at the end of the day fishing. So, after it was all cut up, about 300lbs of lovely fresh fish .........
The math on this .... 300lbs ... Average price these days up here is about $23/lb - so that's $6900 worth of fish ... Unreal for a days work. It took the 6 of us about 3hrs of "processing" the fish (so, taking the fillets, skinning them, cutting them up and freezer bagging them). It was a blast!! We worked well together. :) I would do this again .... And hopefully next year we'll do another charted. We went with Halibut Grove ... Mel and his son Seth were our fishing guys for the day. I was VERY impressed with them. The boat was perfect for us all. Very comfortable ... and everyone felt very safe on it (Ok, so I was a weee bit scared on the way there -- and slowly was better on the way back -- the 2 gravols I took really helped take the edge off).
But Anyways!! Enough about fishing ... I managed to ge tthe boys (my dad and hubs) to take me into Anchorage for a day or so of shopping. And! I got to go into TWO Joann's ....
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGggoooooooodddnesss!! It was their big sale as well. 60% off ALOT of stuff in the whole store. I was so happy! And, I found these kits on sale for under $10 each .... PERFECT for my summer "hand quilting " project. (Last year I had mother-in-law's quilt to work on while we drove and such, this year I had nothing). The plan is to make this onto a lovely wall-hanging at the end of my hall in the house. It should workout rather well. I'm very very pleased with them. I can't wait to try making these babies. The most "real" hand applique work I've done are the leaves on the quilt. I can't wait to get it started.
I've been busy already since I got home ... I had today off work and managed to start the top of my unconventional baby quilt. (Black, Pink, and skull print fabric) ... so I hope to get that done ASAP ... and then right after that one get my black/white one done! (there's like 10 buttons left, and it sits here taunting me!!!). I'll hopefully get to start on my wall hanging "kits" in the middle of all of this too. I also ordered a couple scrapbooking "blank" canvas type things to play around with ... I'd like to make a couple more little decorative things to through around the house/office. So we'll see how those turn out when they arrive. I'm hoping to get into the room more often now too. My mojooooo is back!!
Okay, so much for going to bed early tonight. The last episode of Game of Thrones is on now ... the one I missed and the one sitting on my now broken PVR! ggrrr!
(Okay, before I scream at blogger and how annoying it is now for writing my posts - and adding pictures - I'll stop now!! And, MS Word *needs* to talk to blogger again! I'm not a happy camper!!)
(Okay, before I scream at blogger and how annoying it is now for writing my posts - and adding pictures - I'll stop now!! And, MS Word *needs* to talk to blogger again! I'm not a happy camper!!)




No comments :
Post a Comment