Thursday, August 18, 2011

Okay, so I'm away again - seems to be the only time I get to write on here is if I'm out of town, or just got back in town :)

This is labeled as venting .... I've been doing *alot* of thinking these days on what does the word:
FRIEND 
mean to me. I mean really, down to earth, honest to goodness what do I think of that word.
  • Someone who actually stays in connect with me - on AND off of Facebook / Twitter. 
  • A person who I haven't seen in years, and we can sit and visit like we've never been apart
  • Someone who I don't judge - and they don't judge me back 
  • Being accepted for all my good, and even more importantly, for all my bad
  • Who's there for me - just as an ear to vent to, someone to email when I need it (and who emails me BACK) 
  • Honestly - we don't hold back when we know we shouldn't - it's a given that if something "not right" that comes out a mouth - that's OK :)
It's hard to think about "friends" these days - I have 4 of my oldest friends in my life - and it's frustrating how you can be a "friend" when it's them who need you. I tried to write a nice note - see how someone is doing - knowing full well *they* need the ear as well - and nothing. I have a couple that come and go in and out of town seeing family - and do I get a phone call - or a visit - NO - that has me beyond hurt right now. I've known someone since we were 5 years old ... we have the same acquaintances, we have the same functions to attend -- and I get nothing. (That is something I'll not forget!!) 
Then I have one that totally blows me away ... We haven't spoken much over the past few years - I even missed her wedding - but what has she done when she's in town, we go out of our way to see each other. Totally not expected - but means the world to me. She has me really believing that *TRUE* friendship is still out there.

So, if you're one of the 4 in my life that really mean the most to me - know the most about me - and you're reading this - please stop - because if you can't give me 1/2 the time of day - then why bother? I'm tired of the quick Facebook messages - or the "comments" on a post I've made -and then that's about it - not worth it anymore.

Welcome to my mood - I swear PMS is going to rear her ugly head and that's going to be it this weekend -- but whatever.

Something I am looking forward to:
The house (common areas) have been PAINTED!! So tomorrow afternoon, I'll see it! :) I'm all excited!

No comments :