Monday, October 17, 2011

Changes

Changes .... I'm learning they should be welcomed in  life.
Sometimes, things happen for the best reasons. Those reasons might not be the most apparent at the time, but giving enough thought, enough time that passes, enough venting, enough complaining, in the end - the best reasons surface.

The hard thing is though - getting through all the time, knowing when venting is going no where, knowing when you need face the facts, accept the direction your life goes on, accept those changes. Then learn from it all. Learn form the process, learn how long that "time" might be. Learn the proper way to process the life changes. Learn from it.

In my life, I have had many many changes to face. Physical, emotional and .... personally? (so that's kinda hard to explain, but there have been a fair bit considering I'm not that old!)

My Birthday comes up in a couple of weeks ... 32 years old this time around.
I've just read through the past couple of years posts surrounding my b-day. Last year ... wow! I was pretty sappy!!! The year before, my 30th!! That looked really busy!

This year..... it marks a change for me. I swap back jobs ... again! It marks my life and career taking a change. A change that I cannot help, a change that I *have* to accept. A change that I am slowly coming to realize is not the worst thing to do. It's a change that I can get through. I know my work, I love my work. So why all the apprehension around it?? I think cause I'm nuts! (but that's ok right!!)

This year marks - give or take - a year that I realized my health needs to come first in my life. And it has taken a bit step forward. And it will continue to progress, in the RIGHT direction for once. I'm realizing what it takes to keep me healthy - as healthy as I can ever be. I am as healthy as I have been in YEARS! I am on the right track, and there will be nothing stopping me. I pray that in a year's time, I'll be sitting here, reviewing this post, and commenting on how I have accomplished all of this, for a 2nd year in a row.

This year is year #8 - I thought it was year #9 - but ICK! I was kinda wrong. It's hard when you get married on your Birthday to remember how long you were actually married for. It's been a wonderful year together! One of my favorites to look back on. Hubs has been outstanding, the best support I could have every asked for in a person. I truly am happy!!

This year ... marks one of my biggest learning years. I have learned more about myself, my morals, my priorities, and about ME than most years. I am so happy with all that I have accomplished, all the I have proven that I can do. I made a change in people's lives this year. I have helped people. I feel like I have done something truly meaningful with my life. I am so pleased with the impact I have had on people this year. I truly hope it's been positive.

Needless to say - this year has no regrets .... no REAL REAL regrets. I might regret getting this cold I'm fighting, or that I skipped out on getting my hair dealt with so long -- but that's normal every day stuff you second guess. But I look back, and everything that's happened to me int he last year - all those changes I faced are all ones I do not regret going through. I'm happy I learned from everything this past year. I hope in a year's time, I can say the same thing about the upcoming 12 months.

I'm realizing, I was put on this earth for a reason. I have no idea what it is. But I think I'm realizing that it definitely isn't for a bad reason. I'm tested, my morals, my health - are all tested regularly. I over come it all. I think that's what I'm here for. To show people that no matter how messed up your life is, how hard something might be to get through. No matter HOW MANY TIMES you go through something, you can over come it. It is possible to be on the other side of a mess. It can be done.
I look back on another birthday I had - many many many years ago, I had a patch on my eye, I was sicker than a dog, in more pain that I ever want to experience again - I questioned my faith, my life, my everything back then - but I made it through it. I made it through it each time. I'm happy I'm here to say that.

Well, this post took an interesting direction! :) (with very little spelling mistakes I might add! I must be getting better as spelling / typing! That's progress people! PROGRESS)

No comments :