Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thanks... Giving ... X 3

Alrighty, I'm not trying to be an uncrafteful person - so please keep that in mind when reading this post. I am trully, 100% thankful for everything in my life.
  • Have my niece for 12hrs .... was amazing just to have that bit of time with her this year. Watching a movie, having breaky ... snuggling ... Was awesome! The best way to spend a good Thanksgiving morning - George and Gully were happily enjoying the movie as well!
  • My family ... for all the messed-up reasons, I am beyong thanful for everyone of them I got to see this weekend. 
  • OK! So, basically, I am thankful! For everything around me ... all the good and all the bad. I woudln't be the person I am today without my share of "bad" - I am thankful that I am on "THIS" side of things. 
Dinner Party #1 - MY family.
  • Home-made turkey, stuffing, gravy, carrots, mashed potatoes & crandberry sauce. 
  • Present: parents and brother and sister-in-law - and Gully
    • Missing: Poor hubs at home ... sick!
  • Appies: Shrimp!!! 
  • REVIEW: Amazing dinner. The table settings was amazing and pretty!! Typical mom atmosphere. Loved dishing up around the stove - teasing each-other. Definitely lovely time!! 
  • DESSERT: Homemade apple pie - YUMMY - Pumpkin pie w/spray whipped cream - yummy! 
Dinner Party #2 - Hub's Family
  • Deep Fried turkey, mashed potatoes, "fake" gravy / stuffing, steamed mixed veggies, home made HAM (by moi!!) and ceasar salad
  • Present - Inlaws - mom, bro, cousin & wife and niece - Lovie and Gully
    • Missing - Brother #2 and niece #2 (so sad to be missing them this year! I'm praying for them to be here for Christmas though!)
  • REVIEW: Well .... umm! The turkey and ham were yummy as heck! After the annoyance of baking a ham that took much longer than I had thought it would (totally my fault) but YUMM! The deep friend turkey was an experience - nothign too too fancy, but the dark meat was amazingly yummy. 
  • DESSERT: Pumpkin pie - spray cream ... and so good at 10pm as a "mid-night snack" with the niece.
Dinner Party #3 - MY other part of the family
  • Home Made turkey, potatoes, stuffing, steamed veggies ... fakish gravy
  • Preseent - parents, uncle and aunt, friend and Gully
    • Missing - poor sick hubs ....  @#!@# him for missing it! (hahaha)
  • REVIEW: Okay, well ... Lots of wine was had by people by moi & dad -- so it was a colourful evening. I must say I was kinda happy to be gone. I don't do after meal chit-chat all that well. Not my thing one little bit! 
  • DESSERT: Homemade Pumpkin Pie -- O.......M.......G ........ Amazing!!
So, a day later from when I first starting writing this post - I really thought about "why" I wanted to write this. It was a very stressful weekend for many reason - but I realize, maybe sometimes a "personal" blog is not the place to air that type of "stress" - I think I'm going to try and reduce what type of topics I write about on here. My "personal" life has been on display for so many years - and for some reason, in this stage of my life - or this stage of my monthly mood cycle - I want some of it to remain MINE.

Lets see if I can keep that up .... shall we!!

No comments :