The first Five Books of the Old Testament, known as the Torah or the Pentateuch: 1) Genesis, 2) Exodus, 3) Leviticus, 4) Numbers, and 5) Deuteronomy, which gives the history of humanity's sinful failure and God's response of grace in the creation of a people to be a light to the world.
See, I always thought this meant something totally materialistic. The “5 Golden RINNGGGGGGGGGGGS” has been one of my favorite ones in the whole song. And, I’m going to enjoy being …. “spoiled” in a way. I love the “real” meaning behind this day as well! But, I’m going to indulge a bit. *this is my blog and all right!!*
Item #1: Kitchen Aid – I am so delighted with this machine each time I use it. Also, the meaning behind it! George surprised the living heck out of me with this baby under the tree! I was always on the fence if I really needed one or not –but she sure comes in handy!! I love her … She’s called my “Black Bitch” – sorry out there, but she’s a beautiful black color – and then on her is a bumbper sticker from my dad saying “You say I’m a Bitch like it’s a bad thing” ---- My dad would call me “bitch” as a nick-name for YEARS!!!! And it’s only fitting that that’s what I call my lovely lovely Kitchen Aid!!
Item #2: Fleece PJs – wait, FLEECE period in this house! I have a fleece Tinker Bell blankie, a lovely pink snuggly thingie, a fleece “sheet” … AND! Lovely fleece PJs!!! LOVE FLEECE!!! First thing in the morning, putting on some fleece bottoms and snuggling with my blankie! Aahh!! Something so … “fake” can be so comforting!
Item #3: Red & Pink Fluevogs…… my SHOES!!! These babies are a source of inspiration for me. They are a reminder of what else I can do in my life. That I am more than what I just “do”. I can wear the babies and remember how I got them. All I did to buy me those beautiful pair of shoes. Yes, shoes! They make me smile, giggle, and feel so much better about ALL of me. Yes, shoes!!
Item #4: Big comfy Chair!! So, I’ve been spoiled in my life to have most often had a recliner around – at my parent’s house, I spent the time in it sewing … and sewing. Luckily, when Hubs and I bought a house we had one there – and again, time in it sewing. With the “new” house, I have one as well. I have a perfect view outside, the Christmas Tree – and there’s enough room for Gully to snuggle on my lap, and the laptop perched so I can type. It’s a tight fight, but a wonderful one!!
Item #5: mmmmmmm (see, I posted yesterday about how hard the “lists” can be to write! I get stumped on my last one – I can come up with 3-4 good ideas, then booom, it’s outta my poor brain!!).
I think my last item would be Gully – because he’s ours. We paid for him …. The best investment I have EVER made. He makes me laugh when I’m crying. He seems to “know” when I’m crying and need attention. The way he gets scared at night and wants mom to snuggle him. (VERY cute!!) He’s the best fluff ball I could have ever asked for. I’m so happy to have my wee pup in my life!!
No comments :
Post a Comment