Thursday, December 15, 2011

On the Fourth Day......

On the Fourth Day of Christmas MY True love gave to me ….
Four Calling Birds
The Four Gospels: 1) Matthew, 2) Mark, 3) Luke, and 4) John, which proclaim the Good News of God's reconciliation of the world to Himself in Jesus Christ.
When I think of 4 of something I’m happy with? Something I could thank and be just a better person because of them. I won’t use names, but I have 4 people who make me a better person, and remind me each time I see them about WHO I am.

Person O – Has been a “newer” addition in my friendship circle – if you think of say, 7 years as new!! LOL!! But she is a grounding force to me. If I’m really having a hard time in life, she can say the right things and pick me back up again. She is impartial to my “family” life – which helps. She is a co-worker, who really does make me better in my job.

Person P – I would not have gotten through the past year without her in my life. She was support through my journey to a healthier life. I can’t wait for January to continue the journey together. I go to her for support, and a grounding force. She is a wise …….. Wise woman.

Person A-J – Family! I think of my calling birds as someone who I pick in my life – not who’s stuck with me cause I’m family. But, A-J deserves the special mention. She may be stuck with me, but she choses to by a big part of my life. She has taught me so many valuable skills – right from being a wee child spending time learning to bake buns with her, to do complicated origami, make my first quilt. I could go on and on. But she’s a big part of my life and who I’ve become!

(Okay, so if family does read this, you are in here as well – later on in the countdown!!)
Person #4 – would be a WHOLE bunch of friends into one!!

(BTW - as the days go on, it gets a bit harder to do the lists -- but these ones take more time, and thought - so in the long run, I think this is worth it - I'm learning to do a couple days in advance, so that I can post one in the morning before work).

Today, I head back into work ... the start of my shifts begin .... Not too pleased about it one bit. But., It's Christmas Time ... and I know me being at work will make some people smile. So that's a good enough reason to "suck it up" and head in. I'll be poking myself most of the day -- I'll be locked behind closed doors .... I'll be dying to get off work at 1500 -- and to enjoy my lovely little walk home - in this wonderful weather. So I keep my words from yesterday's post in mind ... Love, Hope, Faith .... with those 3 words at my side, I *will* make it through this week....... :) 

No comments :