So, I have been feeling very “Angry” the past month – I can’t seem to describe it any other way. And guess what, its Christmas time. And, as much as I grump saying “@#!@# Christmas” – I truly do love it! A good friend of mine pointed that out the other day. And Really, she was right. I LOVE Christmas. Why?!
It's in the singing of a street corner choir
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true
Wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true
Wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas
1) Decorating the Christmas Tree …… when we bought the new house, it meant “upgrading” what goes on this baby! SO, way back then, my mom and I had this lovely idea to buy this strange silver ball type “garland” for the tree – at a very hefty price. Well, we though OK, maybe 3 packs would do it – we were drastically wrong! 11 packs LATER! I have enough for the tree. This has become the on-going joke between my mom and me.
A cup of kindness that we share with another
A sweet reunion with a friend or a brother
In all the places you find love
It feels like Christmas
A sweet reunion with a friend or a brother
In all the places you find love
It feels like Christmas
2) The tree again!!! Also, when we moved here, it became a tradition for our niece to come and decorate the tree with us. At first, she was only allowed to hold a couple of the glass balls, and do the “fake “ornaments. This year, she was handed ALL the ornaments, and did 90% of th decorating herself. This was a very proud moment in my life! (She’s getting way too old btw! Which means I’m getting too old btw!)
It is the season of the heart
A special time of caring
The ways of love made clear
It is the season of the spirit
The message if we hear it
Is make it last all year
It's in the giving of a gift to another
A special time of caring
The ways of love made clear
It is the season of the spirit
The message if we hear it
Is make it last all year
It's in the giving of a gift to another
3) (I’m going to use names in this next bit – I think cause they don’t read the blog – or at least I’m not sure if they do or not, but also cause it’s just their first names!) … Lisa and Darren … my favorite 2 people at Christmas Time … They make me smile just thinking about them. For the past 10 years, I’ve always helped decorate at Christmas time. This is the first year I’ve not done it (do to schedule changes etc) … and the first year I’ll be spending Christmas without having Daren in my life – he went and moved and got married and all – can’t b grudge him that! But still!! So, I have my Lisa this year …….. so she’ll make me smile at work about Christmas. And! She’s responsible for getting me the Muppet’s Christmas Carol on DVD!
A pair of mittens that were
made by your mother
It's all the ways that we show love
That feel like Christmas
made by your mother
It's all the ways that we show love
That feel like Christmas
4) Christmas Cards, Crafts, and Calendars! I grumble about having to do these every year – but secretly, I love sitting down writing my cards out. This year, I went with store-bought cards – but they were beautiful!! And getting all the addresses seems to be a fun thing. I lost the ones from last year (sorry if you’re out there reading this, and didn’t get one this year!!). My crafts … this year have been less than most years, but I’ve been busy as a bee making a few ornaments – pictures to follow AFTER Christmas (since the recipients do read this). LOVED sitting down making them. And my calendars – them too I’ll take some pictures of! They turned out amazing thing year. I can’t wait to make next year’s now…. I have a PLAN!!!
A part of childhood we'll always remember
It is the summer of the soul in December
Yes, when you do your best for love
It feels like Christmas
It is the summer of the soul in December
Yes, when you do your best for love
It feels like Christmas
5) Family …. What do you say about that – yes, they are not “#1 on the list” – because at first, it stresses me out – after the tree is done, and decorating is done, and presents are worried about – then I can focus on the best parts! Spending all the season with the various family members we have. I LOVE IT! It’s nuts – spending the “three days of Christmas” running from house to house after I get off work – but it’s worth it! We love them all … and love the stress that comes with it all. Dinner is at my house this year – the BIG one …. ICK! But I’m really looking forward to the fun it’ll be
It is the season of the heart
A special time of caring
The ways of love made clear
It is the season of the spirit
The message if we hear it
Is make it last all year
A special time of caring
The ways of love made clear
It is the season of the spirit
The message if we hear it
Is make it last all year
6) The 2 “G”s in my life ……. Love them both. And this year, they are making me less “angry” each day around this time of year. G took me to see some Christmas lights tonight – and I smiled so much!! Sure made me smile after a long day. Just listening to him being my “BAH HUMBUG” Scrooge is the best!! Cause, I know him, and I know he secretly doesn’t “hate” Christmas. It’s just so much fun! And I love to torment him! And the other “G” in my life just makes me smile. He loves the snow, and is so snuggle after a run out there. His cold little nose and wet paws!
It's in the singing of a street corner choir
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true, wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas
It's going home and getting warm by the fire
It's true, wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas
So, time to focus on not being so “angry” and time to start focusing on all the good I can do with myself in the month. The little things are going to be what matters this year. So, off to watch some of the “X-Factor”, sit by my Christmas Tree and relax! (The bit of lyrics in the middle of my posts are from the Muppet's Christmas Carol - my FAVORITE Christmas movie ever made! I love all the songs from it - but this one really makes me smile whenever I need a pick-me-up)
It's true, wherever you find love
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas
It feels like Christmas

1 comment :
Oooh, new blog design. I like! I recognized the song from line #1. Love that movie!
Post a Comment