Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ooooogling Fabrics .... and Deal making!!

So, here's my issue ... I have found 5 fabric lines that I *REALLY* want - and a quilt kit (that kit means a whole new post one day - so forget I even wrote that wee bit!!)  that I *really*  want - but, I can't really justify any of that - so, I'm going to make a deal with myself - my blog :) I'm going to *TRY* and follow this - I think it's possible ...........
How about you tell me if I'm out to lunch or not for publicly "stating" this post! -- I think I might regret this - specially after reading this over .... ick!

In order for my to buy ....
Eiffel Tower Penelope Six -- I need to scrapbook the photos from our Vegas Vacation - using up a whimsy themed set of papers - since we stayed at "Paris" - sounds like a good motivation.

This fabric is beautiful looking - I think I can play up the brighter pinks, whites and blacks to add solids to this - and it's "young" enough looking that it should make a perfect Christmas present quilt for someone VERY special in my life - she needs a lap blanket - since she already had a lovely quilt.

Temp Lime - Well, to get this fabric .... I need make something out of the fabric I "Stole" from my mom - so a lovely pink/blue/purple table runner for my kitchen table - since this fabric is from her - I will use this NEW fabric to make mom a new blankie for the house. She LOVES lime green - and this will match her house perfectly.



Now this fabric - Lil' Miss Sew &  Sew - I seldom find a "real life" graphic that I like in fabrics. I normally like the abstract look. But, there's something about this that I just LOVE!!

So, to buy this - I need to make my "Sewing Machine" scrapbook album - it's a chipboard . about 8inch sewing machine - looks amazing! But, it needs to be covered and decorated - so if I can get that finished, I'll be buying this fabric.

This will be used to make some pretty art work for my scrapbooking/quilting room. Also, I really want to make some pretty pin cushions out of this. I have big "plans" for this set!!
 
Onto Basic Grey - Designer Select - Yeah - so I need more Christmas Fabric like I need a hole in the head! BUT!! It's Basic Grey - one of my FAVS for fabric - and it's so pretty!! So, I must have it right?!?!

This fabric will be the mega reward for making Christmas Cards in JULY! Yes - I want to participate in the whole "Christmas in July" scene and make a whole shwack of cards for Christmas. As much as I loved the ones I bought last year - I want to have about 10 that are hand-made and are for the special people in my life. If I take the time to send something in the mail - should I not spend the time ti make a card? Yeah - I should! Specially with this as motivation


For those who know me ... I used to ONLY use flannel in my quilting - only! I didn't really touch "cotton" till the past 2 years. I've gone so far as to "not allow" myself any more flannel until I've used up what I have (kinda hard when my friends aren't having babies - so I think I'll just make some baby quilts for "just in case) Anyways!!
I found this ... Winter Warmth Flannel .... and let me tell you, I'm in love!! such beautiful colors. This fabric - I think - will be MY sucky blanket - something 100% just for Dee!!! Cause, I don't think I could physically part with this stuff ...
Now, to make this .... UMM!!! I think if I can get through making the quilt blocks in Christmas fabric each month - I should be able to buy this stuff and make a quilt over Christmas this year. Right?!?!

Okay, so those are my top 5 fabric sets that I've really looked into this year - I'm going to *TRY* and stick to this - if I want "new" fabric - that's not related to doing my Quilting Bee - I'm going to have to EARN it ... No more randomly buying - I'm going to patiently wait until these come out - who cares which store btw - just whenever! And then give myself 1 week to try and get one of the tasks completed. (yeah, I know it might not be possible, but I'll sure the heck try!!)

Thanks for ooooglinggg the fabrics!!

5 comments :

Fawn said...

I luvs me some fabric. Ogling is all I can do, though, since there's not much sewing for me these days. Although I *did* make a Rendezvous garter for a stuffed bee today....

I like the deal-making idea. Good luck with that. ;)

Mrs.Pickles said...

great colour choices! I like the deal making too i think i need to do that :)

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Good plan!

Josie McRazie said...

hehehe! Here's to good intentions! There is ALWAYS something else that comes up right!! LOL Love your choices!!

Nita said...

That is a great idea. Good luck! I have my eye on a Kate Spain line.