Monday, March 12, 2012

Feeling "better" Monday

Alrighty – It’s a new week in my life.

Update from last week …

IT took a turn on Friday … Went home at noon, and in the doc’s office by 12:30 – We found out that the glaucoma got much worse. The pressure in the eye went up so much that it was making the eye start to bubble – which is why I was in so much pain. The other lovely thing with glaucoma is that it makes the optic nerve swell – and that nerve is close to your tummy nerve – so as one swells, it presses on the other, making me really nauseated a lot of times. GRRR! But, the pain is better as the swelling “in” the eye gets better.  So, I now take drops …. And we’ll see what happens. It seems better this morning – I have to sleep “sitting up” … so far so good. (I'll get an update on Thursday if it stays calm till then ... and hoping I get into see the specialist at the end of the month and we really can get to the bottom of this mess) One good thing about this - I don't feel the annoying thing trying to come "through" the eye! YEAHO!
(YEAhoo to having a pain the ass eye!!)

On the crafty front ……………………

The room is going to be cleaned today – And I mean CLEANED!!! I have 3 shelves that need to be moved around a bit – I want to make the quilting side more feasible and user friendly. So, no matter how crappy I feel, I’m doing it! (Guilty confession - Every time I make anything with batting - I throw the batting int he closest and close the door .... seriously, just throw it in there and forget about it. It's pretty friggen bad right now)

March Quilting Bee Blocks are MADE! Will be shipped this afternoon. I have my 2 pink ones to sew together – and that’s it! Done! I’ll make my pillow …. And that’s it! While I clean the room – I’ll get some batting arranged and make my table cover – and I bought a smaller hoop so I can hand quilt it while I relax.

Other things on the go this week – LAUNDRY – while I deal with my craft projects.

OH!!!  I have 2 nieces with my on Wednesday afternoon – so I have 2 pillow kits to make funky alien shaped pillows – so I think they will be making those together. *something that can be done upstairs, out of the room! I’ll be taking some neat pictures of the 2 together too. And hopefully Hubs will make it home in time – so pictures of him and the 2 girls! I’m all excited! I haven’t had BOTH in my house in …. Crap probably a year!!

Anyways …… Here’s to feeling better for a Monday Morning!!

Anyone else got anything planned for the week?

1 comment :

Mrs.Pickles said...

glad to hear your eye is doing a bit better!