Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WIP! PROGRESS!!

WIP Wednesday …The proof that I did something edition!

Progress!!! I have “done” something with fabric! I’m rather proud of my accomplishments!

Quilting Bee Block is MADE! – And sent! Here is the 2nd block to it.


Still to do with the block is make it into a pillow top

Pink Blocks are DONE! They turned out really nice and look amazing paired up with my other pink blocks. This is going to be an amazing quilt when she’s done … I’m excited!

I am still missing 2 quilting squares for February – so no post about them YET! BUT! Here’ s a peak at one of my favorite blocks being turned into a quilting table top for MY little table in the living room. I seldom make ME something – so this is totally selfish!

I went with a pale pink solid border – then it’s backed with a lovely piece of bright pink felt – and then machine quilting with circles. (I got inspired by http://www.dontcallmebetsy.com/2012/03/tutorial-fmq-baptist-fans.html) Not nearly as “perfect” as her’s – and I have NO problem back stitching on a machine done quilt … cause well, I’m like that! And I LOVE the look. So much so that I’ll be buying some more templates … since all I basically have are scrapbooking ones. (Luckily my circle one worked great!)

I have a question about machine quilting though – She uses a free motion foot and no feed dogs – I used a regular foot and feed dogs and it worked alright. Should I try using the other way? I’m a bit freaked about that foot – kind of not sure what to do! Mmm, I might just bite the bullet and try one day!



My time with my nieces from to an end today …. So my time in the ROOM will return. As you can see, it needs drastic attention. At least I know where all my quilting fabric is … so that helps!! But the scrapbooking side is beyond a mess and I really would like to get some pages done.
(And this is after cleaning it for 2hrs yesterday!! I'll do more again... It's on going. I at least got rid of a fair bit of "stuff' that lived in containers for the past few YEARS! I'm please with the progress and definitely will keep it up!!)



2 comments :

Josie McRazie said...

I am new in the FMQ world as well adn still learning, too! All you can do is jump in with both feet and try!! Have you checked out SewCalGals FMQ Challenge? Check out my linky guy on the side of my blog!! I have been working on it and it is GREAT practice!

Mrs.Pickles said...

Great work those blocks are pinktastic :P