Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Table!!! :)

I'm not one for gloating a whole lot when it comes to craft projects - especially my quilting projects. But, this baby, I'm so excited for!!
Thanks to Nita, I joined an Online Quilting Bee in January - yeahoo!
For February, it was my month ... and I wanted the Log Cabin - and PINKS! (well, girly girl fabrics and such).
Jody made me this .... slightly larger than the other squares ... then the tutorial ... But, it's my FAVORITE! Out of all the 12 I recieved (well, 11 right now) - this one just stood out. So, I made this "mine" -- all mine!
She sits on the little antique table next to my big chair in the living room. And it totally brightens up my little corner. I am so very proud of this. The machine quilting was fun to try - and I'll definitely be doing more of it on smaller projects - Which is what my next 2 projects are going to be - smaller table items. Something that fits through my machine easily.
Anyways! I'm just pleased .... sooo pleased that I'm trying something a bit different than baby quilts. (Though, there are 2 of those needed shortly! MUST get those done).

Mmm....Pondering on this .... QUILTS in in the future:
  1. "O"Quilt - out of beautiful polka-dot, paisley and bird flannels (beautiful limeish greens, blues, purples!!)
  2.  Baby Girl quilt - should be out of left over red/yellow jungle themed fabrics - using some LARGE prints as accessents
  3. Baby XXX Quilt - I think I have enough fabric of the jungle flannel to make this one
  4. Abby's Lap Blanket - think I know the right fabrics - Might do a jelly-roll of brights ... funky stuff. (Most likely my Domestic Bliss Roll)
  5. MY Quilt - now that the pattern is picked - I think that will be my summer project - I'll move the machine upstairs so I can quilt in the kitchen (the light from the windows is so peaceful in the mornings then in the late afternoons for quilting)
  6. Christmas Quilt & Pink Quilt - both ongoing quilts - being made at the same times - so they basically take up one number.
Not too too bad ..... I think I can manage some of this .... I think :)