I'm taking back some things ... And working through this frustrating eye ... I will make it through this mess .... With a smile.
So, that means I must find the things that make me smile ... the things that keep me going and give me strength ....
Back to quilting - as much as I can tolerate - so tonight, it was sitting down, ironing my strips together. It's all I can sit and do ... but at least it was progress ... and I smiled!
Also, just looking at these fabrics together - accompanying the larger patches is amazing! I can't believe how much I love this!
The borders .... which I think I'll be loving! I have a palish purple, a darker purple, and then I can use some of the purple, blue and "white" polka-dots ... I'm thinking of doing a medium border of dark purple - a small border of multi-polka dot - then the pale purple at the end ... the binding will be a combo I think of the blue and purple polkas together ... should be pretty darn nice looking! (The backing will be the multi-dots and then a strip of something joining the 2 pieces together). CAN'T WAIT!!
The "O" quilt is going to be given to the lady who bought some of the fabrics .... as a MEGA thank-you for all the efforts she's doing with me. She's keeping me fairly sane while I go through the issues with "IT" ....
Also!! I got asked for a quilting night with some friends!! Ones wants to make her table runner - her 30 B-day squares I made her ... and not sure what the other wants .... but I can't wait! So that's going to happen .... later in April ... a Monday evening of quilting at my house! (Totally excited btw!!)
So that's my happy ......... for tonight! Tomorrow night ....... I will hopefully cut a few squares .... and I want a mini walk outside tomorrow night - a short one, but OUTSIDE!
Time for smiles .......... and happy things ....... and ........... yeah :)
2 comments :
I'm sorry about the continuing issues with...IT. But those fabrics!!! Oh my golly, they are gorgeous.
I really love those fabrics..I might have to beg you to tell me what they are :)
Post a Comment