Designing quilt patterns ... I have a quilt to make for a friend of mine this Christmas - and I wanted to use a Jelly Roll for it - Domestic Bliss actually - and I'm trying to figure out the best method - that would show a bit of a pattern - but still be really busy and funky looking. So, after looking at MANY strip piece ideas - I found this http://www.107quilts.com/2011/09/sew-modern-bee-October-tutorial-string.html - Pretty funky idea! So, I'll be doing something similar to that - but a bit bigger - I THINK!!
The plan for this weekend - while we're away fishing - is to try and do a mock-up of the real quilt. I have some beautiful Basic Grey - Hello Luscious that I'm going to try this with - I want to pair it up with some solid batiks in this case - and see how many squares I can make etc etc. The "extra" quilt I think might be for another friend of mine at Christmas (who, like me, makes everyone else quilts - never one for herself, so this just might be a nice surprise! Also, it'll give me something to hand quilt while we travel at the end of the month again). ANYWAYS! :)
I'm excited to try this out!! I'm going to spend the next 2 days - as much as time allows - trying to get the top of the "O" quilt totally finished before we leave on Wednesday - which means no more searching lovely blogs *btw - there are some new ones added to the ones I follow - GREAT resources and stories, and patterns and just plain beautiful blogs to read!! ... And no more snuggling with my dog ... I really need to quilt :)
Hopefully I can have some lovely pictures from the trip this week ... and hopefully I can get some serious sewing done :)
Have a GREAT week people ......... If you find some free time tonight ... check out the amazing blog hop happening: BOWLS!!!Sewwequilt.com/
Edited - Aug 25 - So did NOT bring the fabric / machine on the trip - I realized that it would be a tad bit noisy in the confines of the space - and would drive Hubs nuts! I did bring some scrapbooking - and am doing an altered Tea Pot album for a friend of mine ... much quieter and takes up less room. (I'll post some pictures of it finished after my next fishing trip this week)
2 comments :
can't wait to see what you create! have a fun vacation!
Have a great vacation! HEY!! Did you see Melissa's tutorial! I SO want to make the ribbon quilt! Perfect for a jelly roll! Her tutorial is here http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com/2012/07/christmas-in-july-blog-hop.html and can I tell you I would bet this would be done in a day! Two tops!! How cute is it!!!
Post a Comment