Sunday, August 12, 2012

What a ........

...@#!@%'ed up week ....
....Wonderful week ....
....Wonky week ....
....Woeful week....
....It's OVER week ...

So this week has been a roller coaster and a 1/2 .... but, it sure is ending with some VERY happy moments to look back on right now.

 Friday with the youngest niece - making the BEST teapot Birthday Card for her Great Aunt's 80th party!!! She did such an amazing job cutting - using OLD Northwestel scissors I stole from my dad about 37yrs ago (and I will never give them back if he reads this!!) It was such a lovely way to spend some of the day!

I helped cut out the squares - I'm still nervous about a child using a rotary slicer - and right now, I couldn't handle the thought of slicing a finger - the family has enough health drama already!

She sewed all the 5 inch squares almost perfectly together ... it was simply impressive to see!! Then, we ironed them (with, what we figure it the iron from hell cause it's so hot!!) - and pinned the centers together - and she sewed some more. Pretty darn good. So, she did the whole top part herself.

I helped out when doing the backing and that - since she picked this cute minky leopard print stuff - slippery as hell - btw - I think I've ranted about minky stuff before and how much I hate it! So, this was no different, just in a smaller size.

We berthed the quilt!!! She loved that - and btw - "It's disgusting" term to call what we did - but, she totally understood the reasons why it was called that. SOOO FUNNY!! I laughed and laughed at that!!

The "tying" of the quilt was quickly done on the machine - I wanted the stuffing to last some washing machine loads. But she cut off all the threads and all. Such an awesome helper!!

 Part of the afternoon was spent doing nails ... BRIGHT pink fingers and bright red toes w/a layer of glitter on them. In the sun shine ... on the deck! (I had to lend her a dress of mine - sooo cute on her!!! Worked like a charm too!!)

Then the  hair .... French braided her hair so it would be "curly" for the party on Saturday - and it wasn't too too bad - her dad kinda combed out the top - anyways!! Funny! but totally adorable the next day and she looked amazing!! (like always). The deal with her hair was that I would do mine down and curly - since she's never seen me with my hair down (come to think of it, most people at the party hadn't either for years!!).

(So yah, that's me - curly hair -- and I love how the sun makes me look even more white than I already am ... add some glitter on me and WOW - I'd be a vampire it seems!!) 

http://www.facebook.com/hpjphotography  
Then the part on Saturday!! What a fun and stuffy and hot day!! I saw more of Hub's family than I have EVER seen - well, our wedding kinda came close - but that had some different members. But still, amazing amounts of people. It was so nice to get out and see everyone - though, I still don't know who 1/2 of them were - the family that is. I did better knowing who some of the old gals were.
(Photo above was taken by Hub's cousin Heather - the BEST picture of Aunty Millie out there - her Facebook site is: http://www.facebook.com/hpjphotography )

Anyways - that's my week .... I'm praying some things better start to happen this week - We're looking at getting away on Wednesday now - if all goes well!!! If we don't ....... be prepared for a friggen wreak of a post!!! Cause I'm telling you - after missing the week for being sick - then the truck and everything else ... I'm done! I *need* a vacation!




No comments :