Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday's a new day!

August Quilting Bee Block
 Not really sure where to go with this Friday's post ... I had several posts started throughout the week - and many mornings, I would wake up, come to the computer, and realize I never finished the actual post. HMPF!

My week btw has been pretty horrible -that's the nicest way of putting it. My tooth starting aching on Friday night - and progressively getting worse as the days went on. (BTW - I *hate* dentists - and normally have to be coaxed to going in there ... and in considerable amount of pain). So, I went! I figured that if I took a T-3 and it barely touched the pain, something was very very wrong.

My cute little dentist - "Sammy" - figured it was my last big ass molar that needed to be pulled - the upper one to anyone who knows a bit about teeth. So, out she came. He offered to do it right then and there - I thought - Holy CRAP this is gonna suck. And, suck it did. ALOT. Alot more than what I had bargained for.
"O" Quilt - 3/8 rows sewn

Home I go ... with anti-biotics ... and a VERY swollen mouth. So bad that physically, I could not even smile cause the muscles / jaw were so swollen. I had lovely BIG lips!!! They looked beautiful!! I had pain .... lots of that! It was a rough few days - missing the whole week of work - which is a whole other story!

I was checked yesterday - and it's healing - slowly, but getting better. A fair bit of pain last night (which is why I'm up so early on a day off!!) - but I'll manage. Never again I tell ya!!! So, cause he's such a cuttie of a dentist, I'll be going back in 2 wks to have him look at all my teeth. And, depending on the work that needs to be done, he can slowly so do it all. Stupid teeth!!!

Enough of teeth ... I got a surge of energy last evening ... Like the whole week's worth of sleep was in my body and I was WIDE awake ... so!! I finished trimming the 20 squares I had left for the "O" Quilt - and then starting sewing my squares together .... so, the first 3 rows (of 8) are built ...I have 2 more rows laid out to be done as well. BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm really liking the look if it - and even have an idea for quilting too - I want to focus on the polka-dot "wheel" in the middle of the squares ... sooo pretty! and the roundness of the solid squares. I LOVE IT! It's even more beautiful than I could have imagined! And, bigger than I though ... much better - without borders much bigger! but, I think she'll look amazing!!

Anything thing to add to this week btw - the truck broke .... the truck that should be driving us on our vacation this Sunday ... far away - fishing ... just Hubs, Gully and moi ...........So, that SUCKS!!! SUCKS!! SUCKS!!! (yes, I like the word suck this week - since it's something I'm not allowed doing till next week!! no sucking for me!! hahaha)

There, can this week just be over with  .......... The prize at the end of this week ...  Our lovely 8y/o niece wants to come make cards with me today ... so that'll brighten my whole day!!! Can't wait!!:)


1 comment :

Mrs.Pickles said...

Sorry to hear about your bad week. Sending lots of hugs your way. Your block and quilt top look pretty great though!!