Saturday, September 08, 2012

It's a new day!

 I just can't wait to post about my Friday -- I can't!!

So, this week has been pretty rough on  me for many reasons - alot out of my control and some I just have to deal with myself.

But Friday ... Friday was my day!

I managed to get 2 quilts layered - completely from start to finished - The "O" Quilt - named for my friend Orlea - she is getting this quilt - she fell IN LOVE with the fabric when we went shopping one day - and bought 1/2 the fabric too - so of course it'll be going to her! (I don't post much about my "friends" on here - but whatever, she'll have to deal with it!!) It's her house I'm going to to do my layering and all - and it's HER cat in the picture - "Fritz" - kitty from hell with the most bi-polar attitude!! I do secretly love him (as she's pointed out on more than one occasion!!) He managed to BITE me - all because I was shoo'ing him away from rolling on the pins I had out on the quilt - I was trying to SAVE the wee little bugger .. well, he wasn't pleased one little bit with me! I was hissed at ... pawed/scratched at ... and I swear, at one point, he was hiding in the bed room stalking me! What a terd!! When I went back later in the day, I locked him out of the room - Poor boo! but anyways! He's already claimed his quilt!

THEN! I went out in the evening to have tea with my lovely Nita!! I brought her a mug-rub I was working on - Twisted Tea Time - and I brought the quilt top I'm hand quilting to show her - well, she fell in love with it - just like I thought she would!

So, I had to cave and tell her that it's HER quilt - I wasn't going to - but, it worked out better this way, because she'll know the whole story behind this quilt! I wanted / needed to hand quilt something while I heal from surgery - and this is what I wanted to do. So, she'll always know that her quilt is what I healed under ... It'll have so much meaning to it.

So, here she is, snuggled under it - MATCHING the couch too! It was so nice to get together and visit ... talk about everything ... it's nice to have a friend like that. :) (Thanks Nita!! I needed the visit more than I think I realized it - I had a great sleep last night - the first all week ... and feel rested and content this morning ... )

I have a lovely "It's a New Day!!" feeling to me today ... I know I have to take it easy ... I know that much!! But, I'm happy this morning ... rested ... VERY rested! I think I'm pretty ready to face the day somehow .. Laundry, laundry and more laundry!

(Ok, I guess I'll take some time here to post about "IT" bit -- I will have the eye removed on October 3rd ... I'll be in Vancouver basically from October 1 - 6th? The end day most likely will be decided by the surgeon and all - I'm pushing to be HOME though ... I heal better and am looked after by nurses ... VERY skilled nurses at that!. The most common question is "How are you feeling about it" - I'm freaking out every now and again ... I'm frustrated ... I'm in a fair bit of pain (most likely because I'm so stressed out!) ... I'm annoyed ... I can't take any pain meds for 2 weeks before the surgery - which means this is going to SUCK ...  I fly back home on the day I can't take meds ... Not good at all (I have a work conference in 2wks!!) - But anyways ......... Such as life --- I'll make it through this! I'll post some more updates and such when we're down there if I can ... Or, Hubs will do it!)


4 comments :

Mrs.Pickles said...

great looking quilt!! SOunds like you had a great day

Vivian said...

The quilt looks great and obviously well loved.

And ok, your scaring me with this removal thing...you ok? Take care.

Nita said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my quilt and it is especially special that you "gave" it to me already and I know you will be sitting underneath it as you heal after your surgery next month. But even more than all of that, I love it because you made it just for me and I love you very much. :) mush mush mush. lol!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilts and you friend will love hers!