Sunday, December 30, 2012

Twisted Mug Rug #1

 Good Morning!!! (Yes, that's me, peeking around the square!)
A couple things from yesterday's "Veg-Athon" ....
  • I get stir crazy sitting in the living *all* day
  • I need something to "do" while I sit there
  • I remembered how much I love to blog (I have my New Year's Day post all complete!!)
  • I'll find anything online when I need to :)
  • I can read almost a whole book in a day if I need to
  • Leveling a WOW toon is taking me WAY too long
Yeah, didn't learn anything totally earth shattering I suppose. But still! I did find the tutorial to make the "TWIST" block I've been wanting to try all week. (Please see the tutorial - makes this a real real easy block to make, just a bit tricky to wrap your brain around)
And, yesterday was a perfect day to attempt it.

 My pieces are 2.5 strips X 5 inches ... the middle square is 2.5 X 2.5
I did no cutting or any more measuring beyond making sure the center was squared. I pretty much get about 1/2 an inch off some of the pieces. But, that's OK! I'm NOT even going to attempt the proper piece lengths. I'll slice it off when I iron etc.

I pieced this by hand - since I the tutorial was online - I hand did it all - and no iron!! But, that's ok, when I do the quilting onto of this - it'll be perfect and not move. I have 5 little bundles made up to go with this line of fabric (Moda - Breakfast at Tiffaniy's)

In the same little chocolate bar, I have some Bliss - which will make amazing little mug rugs!! I can't wait - I really think these little wee things will be my mental sanity break when my quilting B's start up in a few days.

Thanks for looking! I can't wait to get to a machine and a iron to finish this off and post how pretty it looks. I'm really really happy with this!!

I've linked up with Sew Many Ways .... something I'll try and do monthly ... can't say weekly, but at least once a month I'll give it a shot. Please see the other talented ladies - http://sewmanyways.blogspot.ca/2012/12/sew-darn-crafty-linky-partyweek-96.html


2 comments :

Hayu Maselli said...

Hi Fignie
I love those roses fabric.
Wishing you a happy new year
Warmly greeting

Hayu Maselli said...

Do you love to follow each other?