Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hugs & Kisses Valentine's Day POST!

Charms in 1/2

 Valentine’s Day ……..
I LOVE HEARTS! I love love love love love PINK!! I love love love LOVE!!!
SO, I jumped at the thought of joining a Valentine’s LOVEEEEEE Blog Hop – A la Quilting Style … LOVED that I could!! I loved Halloween’s hop so much – that I just *had* to do this one! People think I like Halloween – nothing compared to my love for Valentine’s Day – So much so that last year, I made my coworkers little Valentine’s cards for their desks as a surprise …. LOVE IT!!
My “first” Valentine’s Day with Hubs was many many many years ago – and back then, I did NOT expect to marry the man many many many years later. Back then, he was …. Just “Hubs” …. So, I made him the BEST apple pie in my life (to this date I haven’t even come close to baking one as good as that – though, last month I was close one day!!) – and He bought me a heart shaped tin of fudge and gave me the sweetest card …. I still have both tucked away in a box someplace in the house …. Years later – I still remember this ……. And I still chuckle at “this” many years later, we are now married, and I still want to give him something sweet …. Make him something sweet for Valentine’s Day.
This year – it’s about HIM – something truly “Hubs” – so, keeping with rules of:

  1.        Create anything that has hearts, hugs, kisses, anything in REDS and PINKS.

So - my firs plan was to show off a lovely heart shaped pillow case for hubs (which - if I'm lucky will be done by the end of today before he makes it home from work!!)  - But, that just wasn't going as planned.

Then I came up with this idea - someone posted a simple picture of instructions on Pinrest about a heart shapped block - like no measurements - NOTHING!! SO I went with it. Looked simple enough right?

I took 4 Charm squares (Honky Dory) - cut them in 1/2 - then added the white little squares it needed - SOOOO EASY!!! And sewed them all together - adding a 1.5 border - this makes the cutest little pillow case. ADORABLE!!! And QUICK!!

(The image I used for this is below - I have real source for it - so if you know it - please comment!!! Just a random picture - kinda strange to find that and it works like a charm!!!)


Please have a peek at the other lovely blog posts for the day!!



#$@!$@#@$@#$ Sstupid Blogger and stupid adding pictures!!! I keep ranting about this - and I have yet to move into a different format for the blog - I'm a little apprehensive cause this blog kinda hosts some pretty good stuff .... so I don't want to lose it! @!#!@#@!#@ But still! :P


73 comments :

Teatime Creations said...

Sweet pillow. Loved your story about "hubs".

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

How pretty that is and so simple! The stories behind the craft always make me smile. Thanks for sharing!

Gill said...

Gorgeous pillow!
Thank you for sharing!

Britt-Inger said...

Your pillow is so cute. Thanks for sharing

Debby said...

I truly love that pillow. Of course, my favorite color is pink! The hearts turned out fabulous - such a great technique. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanie said...

Sweet pillow.... thanks for the pattern too!

Unknown said...

Thank you for putting a tell with your pretty pillow that always helps make the art just a little more personable..Happy Valentine's Day

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

Cute pillow!! And great find on how to make it !!! That is a very simple way and yet makes a cute set of hearts! Great story too! Happy Valetine's day!

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Very nice!

Thearica said...

I get a kick out of women calling their hubbys by an endeared nickname.. I call mine Piglet... and I havea friend who calls hers "husband". when she blogs she refers to him as husband. I always smile. :)

Sowing Stitches said...

Thank you for sharing such a great little heart tutorial! Your pillow turned out perfect! May your day be filled with LOVE!

Catherine said...

Very nice work and a great tutorial! Thank you.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Fzntastic pillow

Just Quilt It said...

Very lovely--the fabric is great and it turned out beautifully!

Sandra said...

You're so right. Easy peasy. What a clever idea. So darn simple and so quick. Thanks for sharing and making the Hugs and Kisses Blog Hop so much fun. Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Sandi Timmons
sandit1@sbcglobal.net

✄ Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy ✄ said...

I love your pillow - so easy! And I love a pattern where I can use charm squares!

Linda said...

What a sweet little pillow! Love it!

Carol Swift said...

Such a lovely story about you and Hubs...beautiful pillow, too! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Great story, fun projects...Happy Vday

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Love this pillow- the fabrics are great and the instructions look easy peasy.

Love your story too!

Loves to Quilt said...

Thanks for the tutorial on your pillow. Sooooo cute!

Joyce Carter said...

I loved the story and I think your pillow turned out great. Thank you for sharing.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I too love hearts and pink. Your pillow is lovely.

Cliodana said...

thanK's for the tutorial. great blocks. have a nice valentin's day

Sallie said...

What a LOVE-ly pillow! Thanks for sharing and participating in the hop!

Gwen said...

Awwww...your pillow is just precious! And how sweet that you're married to such a sweetheart! Have a happy Valentines Day!

Calicojoan said...

Wow, that breaks down the block nice and easy. Thanks for sharing, and love your pillow!

Suze said...

Very nice pillow. I like that you made some valentines for your coworkers. How nice! I bet Hubs think your pies are still great! I enjoyed your story about Hubs - we just never know how life is going to turn out. I'm dating my first husband - we were divorced for 15 years after being married for over 23, so... We have no idea what is going to happen. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Quayceetatter said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! Love your pillow.

Vicki H said...

What a great story. Wonderful pillow. Thanks for sharing.

JudyCinNC said...

Loving this pillow and the story ... thanks for creativity and for sharing from Judy C in NC

Fiddlesticks and Humility said...

VEry pretty and delicate looking. Thanks for sharing

krislovesfabric said...

Fun post, your pink pillow is beautiful :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I, love, love, love your pillow

Lou said...

Sweet pillow!

Cathy's Chatter said...

Oh very pretty! Love your creativity! Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentines Day.

Sparky said...

a sweet pillow and in pink how can you go wrong

Nikita said...

Thanks for showing us your work!!

Christine L said...

Great Job on your Hearts!!! Happy Heart Day!!

Wendy said...

how lovely! The heart looks really complicated, not easy at all!

sandra said...

Sweet pillow, thanks for sharing.

lefuntz said...

That heart really is easier than it looks. Thanks for the diagram. Happy Valentines Day!

Tammy said...

Your hearts turned out very well. Looks great.

Martina said...

Love your hearts very much!

Wendy said...

Very sweet pillow :) good for hugging too. Thank you for sharing!

Judy B said...

Very cute pillow! Thank you for sharing

Nita said...

Oh, Dee - you are so funny! Come over sometime and I'll show you how my wordpress site works and you can decide if that would be more user-friendly for you.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the pillow - and the story! blessings, marlene

Nini said...

Sweet pillow! I love it!

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

Thank you for your project. I pinned it because I think it'll make a great start for a round robin or bee block. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely project!! I used that link to make hearts this year too...LOL

JoyceLM said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely pillow.

Elizabeth said...

What a great story and how sweet to celebrate with that lovely pillow! Happy Valentine's Day!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

What a darling pillow! Your hearts are lovely and bonus that they go together easy. Thanks for the pattern and your tutorial. It was fun hearing your story, thanks for sharing with us, super job!

usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here: I totally understand your frustration with blogger editor. I have sent them countless gentle, nice, pleasant emails about how absolutely HORRIBLE their blog writing thing. It is stupid.

Okay, your project. I love this. It is adorable and I will make one too. Well done.
thank you for sharing your massive creativity

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful pillow and I love the soft colors!

gpc said...

Very pretty!

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable! Same block pattern I used for my project, only yours is pillow size...love it!

Anonymous said...

beautiful and endearing, thanks so much for hopping along!

LJ said...

I think it's lovely to 'make' for Hubs. It's a darling pillow - one he's sure to cherish. Happy V Day!

carla said...

Hi!!! Very sweet!!! Thank You

Heide said...

Cute pillow! Thanks for sharing tute.

Heide said...

Cute pillow! Thanks for sharing tute.

Cecilia said...

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Farm Quilter said...

Love your pillow - great hearts!!!

Quilt n Queen said...

Luv your pillow...I've some of that Honky Dory fabric in my stash. Thanks for the inspiration...luv the pinks. Great job! Happy stitching, Pauline

BizyStitches said...

Thanks for the fun blog post. Very cute pillow. Thanks for sharing.

Joanne said...

Great project! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us today!

java diva said...

Wow, that's impressive you came up with that. Thank you for sharing how.
When turned on the side they look like 2 butterflies.

DeAnna said...

Nice pillow. I love the pastel pinks you used. Thanks for sharing!

Linda C said...

Nice heart pattern but I see no one has named the source yet, though one said she had used it as well. Maybe we'll stumble on it yet, LOL.

I hope you and your hubs had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Amy said...

What a cute pillow and an easy way to work it up.

Pat V. said...

Thanks for sharing this -- I think I'll make one!