Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lovely Friday! (or Saturday!)

 Hello Everyone!!!
I had started out writing a post that wasn't too positive. I was playing the whole oh poor me ......
Well darn it ... that's going to stop! I'm no allowing this right now. I had a great walk last night and I'm focusing on something good!!! There's a song ... or at least a line from a song "Happy People All the Time" -- well - my goal is to attempt that. NO more being all blah cause of other people in my life .... sorry ... not going to happen this week!

So!! A couple lovely things! I got a new pair of glasses! Beautiful purple ones that I jut love! They are a bit "taller" than my other pair - so I actually can see better. I love it!!! I was due for a change .... and this is a great one that I could do fairly easily. Plus .... I got an eye removed darn it! So that means I get new glasses right? :P At least tt was my excuse when buying these babes!

MY new quilt.....I'm patiently waiting for more pink and purple fabric to arrive so I can start getting the borders cut and sewn. I got 2 more squares in the mail yesterday - which I thought I already had - and miss counted....sl I'm going t use those in the backing .... It'll add s nice touch to the back of the quilt too. I'm really really excited to get this one done. It's MY size ..... All nice and curvy (hehehe)


All my monthly blocks are ready for shipping ... I love how they all turned-out. I always question the color choices and then the patter choices ... always! So this time, with the snail block I really was second guessing how it turned out. BEAUTIFULLY now!! I only had to take it apart once! Wooohooo!! I realized what was wrong right away. No to mail them.

And ..... my BIG BIG NEWS...I won something!!! Thanks to plying along with The FatQuarter Shop .... I won a $50 GC for te store ... I an' wait!! AND ... my name ... and my blogger  profile has been shared with hundreds of people ... WOW!
To see this week's pattern - go here! http://fatquartershop.blogspot.ca/2013/03/pattern-play-with-fat-quarter-shop_15.html :) You never know ---you might be the next winner.

Anyways ---- I should get going ... spending y lovely lunch break using MY Widows Surface RT tablet -- and the touch key board .... kind of foreign to me to use - but so far it's going ok. :P I'll post a picture of her when the pink cover arrives; Hehehe!



3 comments :

Nita said...

Love the glasses! Love the quilt! Wow congrats on winning! Yay! I chose Urban Chick for the next pattern play game. Maybe lighting will strike twice in the same town, ya never know! What are you getting with your gift certificate? So much to choose from!

Nita said...

I meant to say BOHO by Urban Chick, lol!

Unknown said...

It's always nice to win a prize isn't it? I really like the quilt top so far ... lovely colours.