April Showers ... Bring May Flowers?
Well my fellow bloggers ... that's not quite the truth for were I live ... but I can dream right? We'll be lucky to see "Flowers" anytime soon from the looks of the snow in my yard. I do envy those who live south of me ... and get a real "Spring".
It's my day for the big BLOG HOP!!! :) MUG RUGS LADIES and GENTS!! I love making them!! Here are 8 of them that I was busy doing. They are the pefect size for a nice cup of tea!! My goal for this hop was to "deeeee-stash" - and basically formyself to use the pieces I have collecting.
There are 3 rugs made from left-over HST from "MY Quilt" - I love how these turned out and most likely will be keeping them for myself :) --ok, plans did change! I love how happy they've made my friends!
I had 3 made from a Moda Chocoalte Bar stash I had - I LOVE these .... really really pretty colors and I'm in love with the square I picked - a little tedious - but so pretty when all done. (I''ll be making plenty more of these!!)
Then 2 are left overs from Nita's Twisted Tea Time quilt ... LOVE the colors in them ... love the 2nd one with the bright pink quilting too.
All in all - Mug Rugs are the BEST use of my stash -- and the best use of these bits and pieces of batting I had left over - since I "never" make a quilt true to size.
(SOOO!!! This post is for the 11th .... and that's the day I fly out to VEGAS!!! SO, I'm going to be missing a fair bit of the hop ... not too pleased about that. But I'll try and sneak some time away to read some posts.)
I LOOOOOOOOVED giving away a pin cushion back in October .... SO!! Lets do an April one!!! :)
Please comment on this post .... Letting me know if you use a mug rug .... and, if you've ever been to LAS VEGAS - and what your favorite thing to do was there .... Yes -- I'm making this a wee bit harder than normal ... I'm really curious about what other people do in Vegas ... I don't really gamble or drink ... so I'm always up for something a bit different than that.
Please come see the other lovely ladies today!!
Please come see the other lovely ladies today!!


109 comments :
Love your variety of mug rugs! I have made several, but they seem to disappear when I have friends over. Yep, been to Vegas. Lots of free things to see. Free is good so you will have money for fabric shopping, LOL!
Like your mug rugs!
Yes, I use mug rugs. No, I have never been to Vegas, but I would like to go some time.
What a bunch of great rugs! Busy, Busy! We drove through Vegas last fall. I enjoyed the Wax museum and walking through the Venetian. Have fun!
Great mug rugs! Never made or used on till this hop and no I've never been to Vegas.
very pretty work!! have fun on your trip. The last time I was in Vegas I was 9...lol
Very nice work! Yes to both your questions... I just relaxed in the jacuzzi while everyone else is out gambling!
Ive not used a mug rug- i made one but gifted it.... your work is lovely- have a fun & safe trip ;)
What a nice bunch of mug rugs. I use mug rugs because they are so pretty. I have never been to Vegas but for me it is to far away.
You have been a busy woman and I love your mug rugs. Yes I use mug rugs and as presents for non quilters .
I have been to US several times but never in Las Vegas
I live in Sweden
I don't gamble either, so when I go to Vegas I EAT, so many different yummy restaurants and I love walking the around and checkout out all of the art in the hotels.
What a wonderful collection of mug rugs! Great way to use up some of the stash! Thanks for sharing.
LOL, great show! Love your mug rugs.
I've never been to Vegas, but who knows, maybe I will get there some sweet day. Thanks for sharing, have a nice stay in Vegas!
Nice job. It is a great way to use up those scraps.
Haven't used a mug rug yet...but I have a couple planned! I have been to Vegas but only for a brief visit while traveling on to other places! I dropped a bit of money in the slots but didn't have time to see anything but the back of my eyelids before traveling on!
Lovely collection! You were busy! I actually do not use mug rugs. Don't want to make them dirty,lol! But I had also fun to do mine for my day next monday.Have never been in Vegas.
I never heard of mug rugs until I started blogging in June and now have made a few. Yes I have been to Las Vegas. A busy city with lots of walking. Nice give away.
You sure made a lot of people happy with those awesome mug rugs!
I have never had the pleasure to go to vegas but I would like to go once in my life... and no, I do not use a mug rug as I cannot bring myself to mess up a pretty stitched piece of fabric. So I use a clay coaster...lol
Your designs for your mug rugs are great. No never to Vegas but I do love making mug rugs. Hope your flight goes well.....enjoy your day
Lovely mug rugs. I do use them. No, I've never been to Vegas.
Great mug rugs! I use one!!
I've never even been to the US!!
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing your mug rugs. I made some for Christmas presents two years ago, but didn't make one for myself. I've never been to Vegas, but drinking & gambling aren't my thing, so I'd probably go to some shows & do some sight seeing.
That's a great idea for de-stashing! Your mug rugs are all great. I've actually never used one though; I use coasters that I've made. And I've never been to Vegas!
I make new mug rugs every month and every holiday. I love them! I was in Vegas a long time ago but I suspect things haven't changed that much. I loved to go through the dress and jewelry boutiques. I couldn't but anything but it was nice to dream!
Love all of your choices....never been to Los Vegas...
Oh yes we use mug rugs now, I cgot hooked on day one of the hop and have made 2 each day so far, today's are cut out ready to go later. We went to Vegas some years ago and spent hours people watching, fascinating.
Love the mug rugs...and I do use mine, especially when a friend is visiting for a cuppa. Only been to LV once and enjoyed watching the people and even attended some time share seminars to get free stuff. It's a great place for picture taking too.....bright lights everywhere!
Wow! Nice variety of cute mug rugs!
I lived In Las Vegas when my husband worked on the test range outside of town. We liked the smaller casino`s and you can find great food in their restaurants too.
Maybe you can try a tour of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. Our days off were spent in the Arizona desert an hour and a half outside of town and that`s where we make our home now, 10 miles from the lake. It`s gorgeous.
Love your mug rug.
Great job.
Thanks for sharing
Never been to vegas...no desire to go because I would lose quilting time...LOL!!
Love your mug rug gifts! I use mine every day!
What a great way to use up the leftovers from previous projects! Lovely models.
I don't use a mug rug because I don't have any made but I woke up this morning thinking that I could make a couple for my husband's bday later this month----maybe foundation piece HIS on well, his and make a girlie HERS for me??
Never been to Vegas but I hear the shows are great!
A delightful collection of mug rugs to welcome spring! :)
yes my golly you showered us with many rugs...your colleagues seem pleased...
great variety! yes to LV - love to people watch and walk through the various hotels, they all have a different decor/ambiance. ENJOY!
I do use a mug rug occasionally and I have been to Las Vegas but not my favorite place to go, as I don't like to gamble. Like the shows but they have gotten to pricey for me now..I hope you can find something to do and enjoy yourself
I love your sweet mug rugs, dear. And yes, I use mine.
When I went to Vegas years ago, I toured the Grand Canyon in a small plane. It was a sight and experience I will never forget!!!
Nice work, lovely rugs! Have fun in Vegas...never been but would love to see a show there...
Oh yes, been to Las Vegas. I went to a wonderful quilt shop there. Can't remember the name because it has been over 10 years ago. I haven't use my mugrug I like making them.
Trina
tdamil213@yahoo.com
I like all your mug rugs! I can tell that one of your favorite colors is purple - me too! I've never been to Vegas, but I would love to go someday and just explore hotel lobbies!
I love my mug rugs and do use them as well as give as gifts. We are going to Vegas in November and going to the Dam and checking out the strip.
Love the mug rugs. I use them all the time and am always looking for some new ones. i have only been to Vegas once, but thoroughly enjoyed the hoover dam tour. It was great. Thanks for sharing and for the opportunity on the draw
bonnielarson58@gmail.com
Very cute mug rugs and yes I do own several. I also love to make them and give them as gifts, usually with a mug filled with a variety of candy. When I am in Las Vegas, I usually have a list of quilt shops that I want to visit.....
What an incredible assortment of mug rugs! And such a great idea to use leftovers from a project and turn them into mug rugs. I'm going to have to start doing that! Vegas? Never been, never plan to go. Mug rugs? Yes, use them pretty much daily.
Your mug rugs are beautiful! As for Vegas...I live there and love my town! Check out the flowers at the Bellagio because they are gorgeous! There's some fun quilt stores here, too. :O)
What nice spring mug rugs!!! I use my mug rugs all the time. I have a little pile of them on the coffee table.
We head to Vegas a couple of times a year. I love the shows, especially Jersey Boys. We see that about once a year, but the hotels are amazing for sights - the Bellagio and Venetian are show stoppers!
Nice mug rugs!
Love your mug rug. Yes been there twice. I like the lights and the quarter machines !
Wow your rugs are so so cute. I've been to Vegas several times, and like you I'm not a big drinker but do gamble a little. I love going to the shows. I also really love some of the free shows like the water show at the Bellagio, or the pirate show at Treasure Island. And really cool is to go up to the top of the Effiel tower at Paris and watch the water show from there...awesome.
I would really like a mug rug for my office, I don't have one... I've never been to Vegas but would love to go. If I went I think I would like to see the shows!
Your mug rugs are pretty. I am using a mug rug now as I read the mug rug hop. I have never been to Vegas. My sister went with her in-laws once. They went to Circus Circus and brought home red dice for my girls. The rest of the time they people watched and ate!
Beautiful! You have been a very busy lady. This is a wonderful way to use your leftover blocks. Great job. I have never been to Vegas, but I would love to go see the shows. Thank you so much for sharing today.
Very cute mug rugs. I have never been to Vegas, but I am sure you will find great things to do--my husband has been begging me to go. I use a mug rug on the table next to my chair, and I love that I made it for a former blog hop. I'm making 25 for my sister for a church retreat in the fall.
no I haven't used a mug rug, but after this hop I know I will have plenty to make. Vegas and Reno ... we've been many times and yes the thing we do is gamble. We also love the shows. Most casinos have great eating places and free entertainment at the bars.
Very nice mug rugs. I have stayed in Las Vegas twice for 2 weeks while my daughter underwent invetro. We had some fabulous times going to shows. We saw some really great ones. We also visited Hoover Dam. That was amazing. They also have a fabulous quilt shop there...can't remember the name though! Is it Quiltique?
Busy lady!! Thank you for sharing so many mug rugs with us. I don't have one but could do with one, I have a tiny square coaster that I use for drinks. Living in England rules out Vegas for me, I would probably go fabric shopping!
ks(dot)eyles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk
Fabulous mug rugs and great use of your scraps from other projects. I made my first mug rug recently for the stitch me up blog hop. I love it and it sits on my dining table next to my lap top to hold my cuppa when I'm working.
I went to Vegas once during my gap year. We had a hoot. 4 girls staying in the Days Inn in the older part of town. We didn't gamble much but we visited Caesers Palace and Circus Circus for the atmosphere. Being Brits abroad and homesick for some proper cheese after nearly a year away we went to the English Pub for a pint and a Ploughmans lunch and took a trip out to the Hoover Dam. We probably did lots more but it was back in 1993 (OMG 20 years ago!!!) and the memory fades.....
Really love your mug rugs. I use them and have given some away. We've been to Vegas a time or two and almost had heat stroke once when we were there in August. Thanks for the chance to win.
I like the variety of mug rugs you shared today!
I don't really gamble or drink either, but I have found there is still plenty to do in Vegas when I go. There is a nice aquarium at Mandalay Bay, any of the Circque de Solei (sp?) shows are awesome (O is my favorite and well worth the ticket price), sometimes you can even get a tour of Hoover Dam arranged by your hotel. We once took a little raft ride from the base of the dam downstream - lovely! Plus, just looking at all the art and architecture of the various casinos is very inspirational. And of course, there is shopping. Have fun!
What a great selection of mug rugs! Scraps and orphan blocks do make great mug rugs! I haven't been to Vegas. I use my mug rugs at work! Thanks for participating and inspiring us today!
What an amazing collection of mug rugs, lovely to chose one depending on your mood, or drink. I have not been to Vegas but would love to fly over the Grand Canyon.
Nice mug rugs. I always use something under my drinking vessels, be it a coaster, mug rug, napkin, etc.
The only time I was in Vegas was back in 1975 when my parents, siblings and a family friend were driving back from my brother's wedding in California. I was bored stiff as I wasn't old enough to go into any of the casinos, didn't have any money to shop, etc. We didn't stay there long as those who were over 21 only used the "free" money they were given to gamble with. It isn't a place a aspire to go to based on my lifetime ago memories.
senstrings@yahoo.com
Great variety of mug rugs. Good way to use the orphan blocks. I have never been to Vegas, hope you have fun.
Wonderful mug rugs. I use ours all the time. I have been to Vegas once and enjoyed the gondola ride at the Venetian and also the outdoor shows.
Your mug rugs are beautiful!!!
I've never used a mug rug, until a few days ago, when I finished making my first mug rug to participate in this challenge. I never visited Las Vegas, I would love to visit, and discover this place of the world.
I just discovered your blog through this blog hop and now I'm following you via GFC, my day to participate in this blog hop is on April 15, nice to meet you!
Marisa from
http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/
Never been to Vegas but use mug rugs in my sewing room!
Great mug rugs... I love to use them! And I also love Vegas (DH is a poker player so we go each summer). I love the water shows in front of the Bellagio and eating french breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris Casino most mornings!
Isn't it fun to do several mug rug together, at least that's the way I like to do them then I give them away to make someone smile.
I've never been to Vegas but if I get to go, I'd probably want to see a couple of shows then site-see. I'm not into gambling. I'd definitely try to find a quilt store...LOL
What lovely mug rugs. Thanks for sharing them with us. What do I do in Vegas? I dont drink or gamble so when I have gone it was with my Grandmother and we shopped.Vegas is where she would go for specialty shopping since there was very little shopping where she lived.
You must have made some people very happy with their new mug rugs! I use a mug rug all the time.
I've never been to Vegas.
lovely job
Nice to see your sharing your sewing projects and your friends look happy, too. I've not used a mug rug but I want one. Visit Boulder Dam - that's a must! I did some shopping, too. The shows at the casinos are OK but the best part was the dam tour!
Pretty mug rugs and I use them all the time. Never been to Vegas, but I hear it is a lot of fun. Enjoy your trip...Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas
I have never been to Vegas but I know I would have a list of quilt shops on hand with a GPS:)
I don't use a mug rug... yet:)
Great job!
Great variety of mug rugs & yes I use them. I have been to Vegas, loved just wandering through the different hotels,lots to see, & most of it is free. lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com
Your mug rugs are great - love the one with the books!!! Can't help you about Vegas because I've never been there, but I think that I would enjoy going to the live entertainment!!
Great mug rugs! I'be been to Vegas and I enjoyed the shows. Thanks for the chance.
Lovely mug rugs, well done.
Sadly I have not been to Vegas, so cannot give you much except I have a dear friend that lives there and says that she always takes her visitors to see the Hoover Dam.
cheers
maggie
You made a nice variety of mug rugs, each as good as the next. I've never made a mug rug, nor have I been to Las Vegas. I've always wanted to see the fountain show outside one of the big hotels. Someday. Thanks for sharing.
I've never, ever been to Vegas...I guess it just never tugged at me! I love mug rugs and use them constantly!
I haven't been to Vegas and I've never used a rug mug. After 4 days of this hop I will be making some!
Loved your mug rug. I haven't made one yet but have taken a challenge from a friend to make one by next month. Yours is encouraging. Yes, I have been to Vegas. I toured the beautiful hotels..all so different and amazing. Watching people!! Drove out to Hoover Dam...very interesting. Have fun!
itskarenk at yahoo dot com
I don't use a mug rug, although I should...and I've never been to Vegas. But if I did, I would hang out at the pool and people watch. Then go to a singing and dancing revue.
I do use a mug rug sometimes. I have been to vegas one time. About 6 years ago. We enjoyed the Sigfriend & Roys zoo/ garden. Was very nice. I didn;t gamble t4h first time
Great job on all of them. Great stash busters. Enjoy your trip.
Great job on all of them. Great stash busters. Enjoy your trip.
I don't use a mug rug because I haven't made one for myself YET. Your mug rugs are very pretty.
I enjoyed the dancing fountains at the Bellagio. I loved going into all of the hotels to see the interiors. The Bellagio is fabulous inside and out. I also enjoyed people watching. You'll see everything from VERY casual to formal wear. Have fun!
These are really nice and I love the quilting. Thanks for sharing with us today!
I've never used a mug rug, but I will be in the future. Yours are all fun!
I have been in Vegas, and like you, I don't gamble. My husband and I visited the nearby Red Rock (I think it might be a national or state park?), we toured the Mars Candy factory, and took a helicopter ride over that end of the Grand Canyon. OH, and we rode the roller coaster from the top of Circus, Circus! Great fun!!
Never had a mug rug - but so inspired. There are quilt shops in Vegas - bought some black and white dice fabric - way cool. Loved Hoover Dam.
love my mugrugs, and all yours! used to love going to vegas ... there's a gondola ride [the gondolier sang ... sigh!] see the water show, pirate show and and ride up the eifel tower. see a huge aquarium, a lion jungle, gorgeous gardens. in the casinos and hotels are great shows of all kinds, some free. the meals can be superb! shops are eyepopping!
have fun!
I haven't made a mug rug. I could use one for my desk though. Visit the dolphins and the tournament of kings. The tournament is a dinner show and great fun.
You did a great job! Lovely! I have not made a mug rug yet. I'm really being inspired and it's on my list to-do. I have been to Vegas a few times. Years ago we rented motorcycles and rode out to the desert. We also have been out to Hoover Dam. My next trip is going to look for quilt shops, hehe.
Thank you for a super giveaway and a chance to win.
usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com
So lovely. Thank you for sharing with us! :)
Thanks for sharing with us! I do use mug rugs. I have never been to
Las Vegas. Thanks for the chance
to win!
wigglypup2(at)yahoo(dot)com
No to both questions! but I do like your mug rugs
No, I've never used a mug rug (but I'm just finishing my first one for the hop) and my favorite thing is Vegas is to go shopping at the Ceaser's (sp?)shopping center and watch the statue's come to life. pbstrand@msn.com
Great variety of mug rugs! I've never been to Vegas so I can't help you out there. :) Thank you for sharing and for the chance to win.
Great rugs. I have been to Vegas and loved the Mystere show!
Yes, I use a mug rug that was a gift to me. I love it. I have never been to Vegas.
Wow so many mug rugs. I have nevered used a mug rug. But if I make one, will definitely try it out to see how I like it. Although I don't drink coffee or tea, but hot chocolate, hot apple cider, and water will do fine on a mug rug I guess. I have been to Vegas, but didn't really gamble either. Walked around and looked at all the different hotels and how they were decorated. I also played the childrens games at circus circus. Which shows how long ago it was, since I understand it is no longer there.
Yes, I use mug rugs, they are terrific for that little something extra. I haven't been to Vegas in a few years, but like you, I don't like to gamble either. Its a great place to lay out by the pool, or take in a show, or go to the M & M museum/store. There is a lot to do for folks like you and me, you just have to explore! If it's not too hot, you can walk the strip, go inside the hotels and just walk and check it all out. Great exercise all the walking!
I love to use my mug rugs, I have them stashed here and there throughout my house. Cute little mini quilts. I've never been to vegas... hope you have a wonderful time!
Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing all of them with us!
Hope you're having fun in Vegas! I've only ever been through the airport there--I don't drink or gamble, either :) I use mug rugs all the time. It makes me feel like I'm doing something special for myself.
So many pretty mug rugs. I like the one on the left in the middle row the best. I have not made a mug rug and I have not been to Vegas. Sorry I am not more help! :)
Love your mug rugs! my favourite thing in Vegas were the lifts in the Luxor as they go diagonally up the edges of pyramid! also the M&M shop but I don't know if that's still there as I went in 1999 - have a great time!
Your mug rug is very nice. I do not have a mug rug right now but I would really like to try to make one. I have nevver been to Vegas but always wanted to go. For the what would I do there well you know the old saying "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" LOL.
smjohns63 at yahoo dot com
very nice mugrugs, I use them all the time. Have fun in L.A. I was never there...
I don't use a mug rug.
I've been to Las Vegas and my favorite thing to do is walk around and see all the shows.
nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com
Wowie! you were sure busy makin rugs!! Love em! Nah..have never made one...so have none to use! You all are so creative tho...thinkin' I need to get busy!! lol
Have never been to Vegas...so no help for ya'..sorry
Post a Comment