June is my month for the Wee Bee Canadian group I'm in ... and it took me up till yesterday to figure out what I wanted for a block.
I went with a 12.5' string block - all in greens -- kinda similar to what I had made back in Feb for Jen (Who's tutorial I'm using since she's AWESOME!!)
I'm going will BLACK middle strip ... solid color - then all shades of GREEN along the 2 sides of black.
My 10 pieces I'm making are going to be done with Basic Grey Grunge - Black - as the middle piece - since I really didn't realize that I don't have ANY solid black! (BAD DEE!)
So the plan with this is ... it'll be a 4X5 square block quilt top (I'm sure I'll be adding some borders to it as well - so this might be a big blankie when done)
Down the middle 10 squares will be the 10 I've made with the grunge strips - and then the 10 on the sides (5 each) - will be from my Bee ladies!
So far - I think it'll be ok!! NOW!! I *hate* green - for me to wear - for pretty much decoration everything -- green is NOT my thing!! BUT BUT BUT!! My 5th wheel is decorated on the inside ALL in green - so I wanted to go with that. I wanted something that "I" made in the 5th wheel for when we travel around. (OK - we fish .... in Alaska ... when it's friggen cold sometimes ... so I *need* something pretty and warm to snuggle with right?? And - that's not all pink!!)I took a picture of ALL the green fabric I have - and it's WAY WAY more than I thought - and - all together like that - it's kinda pretty looking. (Still not gonna wear the color though!!)
So that's my June project ....... I'll be doing my Wee Bee Learning Blocks (yet to be announced) - then making 10 of "my" blocks throughout the month. We have a busy month planned - so perfect that I have one less set of blocks to make "on time" right now. We are off to Victoria for a little get-away on the 14th ... I can not wait!!!
Happy Quilting Ladies out there ..............
3 comments :
Good on you for stepping outside your colour comfort zone and going with the greens - I think it is going to be lovely! And a second good on you for making something to use in your 5th wheel because you've been talking about it forever! Now I'm putting on my bee hat and need to know if you care how wide the center black strip is because the tutorial doesn't say. I was going to start with a 2.5 inch strip and then go scrappy widths with the greens, and then thought I had better ask first.
I was going to go narrower this time,lol
Shelly
So I guess some guidance would "be"(groan) appreciated
This waas great to read
Post a Comment