Sunday, December 14, 2008

Do I write a flashback? Do I write a flask forward? I can't seem to decide which one today.

It's been a busy couple of weeks in my little world – I am excited to have Christmas here and over with this year, since it seems to be very stressful for some reason this year. I did get to enjoy some of it though so far.

The work "Party" was wonderful this year. One of the girls counted 22 people at the peek of the evening. Which I think it definitely a record! We had some of the most beautifully dressed people as well. It was so nice to see everyone so dolled up for the evening. Even the 3 guys that came were in a shirt/tie and dress pants. Very sexy!!

My hair turned out amazingly!! I had forgotten how long my hair was. It pretty and curly and perfect! I would love to have it done like that more often. I tried to curl it myself today, but yeah, that didn't work out so well. I do need some advice on that! :P

Anyways – A flash back today … Since it's Sunday, and it's close to Christmas, I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I got to make the Christmas Cookies this year – and totally messed those up! :P

So, this picture is of me and the youngest of the nieces on George's side – Maddison – she's sooo cute! We were at one of the McMurphy Family Christmas Parties – which are a blast! (we'll be missing it this year thanks to my work schedule). But, I was so happy that day – holding the newest addition to the family. We got along quite fine her and I. J

And my girl … my baby!! Little Miss Abby! This was last Christmas together – we had spent the day together making mischief around the house! It was so nice to have had her. It's been, well, almost a year since that day, and well, a year since she's spent a whole day with us. So, I'm flashing back to the times when I had her more … when I spent the time with such a wonderful little child. We spent a lot of summers together as well. Ahh! I miss that kid!

Okays, that's enough reminiscing today! Time to get on with the day.

2 comments :

Kataroo said...

love the up-do :) wish I had long hair :)

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky if you have naturally curly hair. One way to do a quick updo by yourself is by using those mini-clips. I'm not sure how to describe them, but they have two parts where you pinch them open from the top, and the bottom has two combs that grab your hair.

Anyway, if you get yourself a bunch of those, then bring your hair up in small bits at a time. Create a kind of circle on your head with the clips and let your curly long hair flow out of the circle.

I did my own hair this way on my wedding day and it turned out fabulous.

Happy hairstyling!