Sunday, November 29, 2009

Update of some compactly

So, here I sit .,. Again!

I guess an update from the last post is necessary. I made my mind up ... at that point - what I was going to do. I did not apply on the job - for many reasons that made sense at the time. And some sense now, but we'll get to that. But, if the job was in HealthCare field ... dealing with our records etc. I would have LOVED it ... because the day in service was so interesting to me! In a way, I totally regret my choice! But, I have to live with it now.

Now, I'm at another dilemma... From the looks of it, I'll be heading back to floor nursing on the 22nd of this month – lovely timing right before Christmas. You'd think I would have begged and pleaded to have that set off so I could enjoy Christmas and such after doing 9mths of this desk job. WTH was I seriously thinking. But, that has be a bit nervous.

There are times doing this desk job that I would pay to go back on the floor and be doing what I do best … but then when I was told it's coming in a couple of weeks, I'm all nervous and wishing this wouldn't end. I'm enjoying using my other talents, using a computer etc. It's fun for me and a good challenge. I'm not sure if going back to the floor is going to keep me as interested.

In a couple of weeks, another job is coming up at work … a scheduling clerk position. Working 4 on 5 off ... 2 days, 2 nights … which is what I do now. But, it'll involve a computer, and doing more work that would challenge me each time. So, I'm seriously going to be looking into applying on this. It'll be an interesting job.

Ugh! So it's been a strange couple of weeks for me … Lately I feel like someone else has taken over my life and I'm fighting for some "normal" to come back. It's Christmas time … so I'm trying desperately to get into that mode. I normally would be screaming to get the tree put up today – since Dec. 1st comes on a week day – do I honestly care this year … NO!

I would be normally stressing about getting my Christmas cards out this year – do I even want to send out one? NO! But, I know I have to, so I'll be forced to make this week. My Calendars which normally would all be done and wrapped out by now, are ½ way done. And it's only getting done because Geo is closing a blind-eye to my doing them upstairs and making a wee bit of a mess in my corner of the living room. (Thanks GEO!!) It's like … Why do I do this each year? Because it brings people joy? Well, I need to be brought Joy this year. I'm getting run down of making sure everyone else has a Happy Christmas that I'm forgetting that I need to be happy too.

Okays, so that's my rant, my update … my everything for the week. I have pictures of the crafts I'm sending out – which I'll try and take before I send them out so I can show some off. I've been busy … reluctantly, but busy.

2 comments :

Fawn said...

I don't feel like doing my Christmas newsletter and cards, either. So not in the mood, for some reason! But I'm still enjoying the Christmas music. :)

About the job application -- DO IT! DOOOOOO IT! You are only keeping your options open by applying, not making a commitment. Let me know if you want that resume-writing stuff.

My 2 cents. :)

Jillian said...

I think your idea about having to consider your own joy is really important!! Keep your focus, and good luck!! :)