Sunday, December 20, 2009

5 Days away ...

Well, I'm partially ready for Christmas.

I have the kids done (all 4 that I buy for, so that's good).
Geo is done ... though, I'm debating on some lumps of coal ... a stick of wood? But seriously, he deserves something nice this year, so I tried. Nothing magical or anything like that, but still. He should like it.
The dog ... done!
Mother in law -- done!
My mother - the wee things done ... Still need something!!!
My dad ... hahaa! I'm gonna try getting him something today ... I have to!
Brothers - they choice another route for Christmas this year -- so that's good.
My Brother -- I'll find him something today as well
Uncle and Aunt -- OMG! NOTHING!

Anyways! I'm still dragging my arse .. I still have presents to be delivered and boughten for -- this is ME - Mrs. Christmas who is so behind and so not there. I'm hoping in the next 5 days I can find my Spirit again ... (please, feel free to wack me upside the head!!)

I have gotten some yummies though -- I have my yearly cholesterol cookies form my mom ... that's kept my sanity! :) Thank goodness! Though, that means I need to be extra good with everyone else's baking.

Anyways, I'm babbling because it's 7am, I am totally frozen and debating what to do with my morning. I have some laundry to finish -- yes, that dreaded task! (but, on a good note, it'll all be done before I go back to work on Tuesday).

Mmmm, I need to be Thankful for returning to the floor, and focus on all the great things that can happen now that I'll be there.
  • 5 days off to do house work, and laundry. I don't have to spend my 2 days off that I had doing house work, nor feeling guilty for taking one of those weekends "off" and leaving the house such a mess. I can't wait to spend my 1st day off sleeply cleaning the house cause I'm not much good doing anything else
  • I get to exercise more - with not being so exhausted form doing the Monday - Friday - I can now fit in walks and doing good activities. I will be joining the Multi-Plex come January for some walking on my days off durring the winter - summer time I can take Gully for walks outside and not freeze. But, till then, it's indoors for me
  • Scrapbooking!!! I'm going to dedicate a morning on each set of days off just to scrapbooking. I want to try and get some albums completed and stored away. I also want some time to clean and organize the room better
  • Oh, speaking of that! I want to sort my knitting supplies, make a list of what needs to be done for next Christmas (since I didn't do a whole lot this year) ... and start doing some project over the next year on my nite shifts. If I write things out, I might not deviate from the plan, and also can use up what I have!! (Oh, 1st on my list, a large practical night shift bag - in pinks and browns (or black, but we'll see) ... with a lining and zipper! and pockets!)
  • Cooking! I want to start making a better variety of foods around the house. I made my first cabbage casserole and my first quiche this week ... I would like to try some other things. A good hearty stew or different casserole dishes. (I will be looking for a smaller slow cooker as well, so the portions aren't massive!!)
  • Visiting ... I plan on spending one of my days off doing something social - whether it be doing the groceries mid morning, or going to see my parents ... something! I need to get out of the house - that's also where the Canada Games Center comes in handy - since I'll be OUT of the house those days. I could do the walk early enough, and meet someone for a healthy lunch in town. That's at least the plan for one of the days off.
Well, I think that's about it for now. It's just after 7AM, I have Faith Hill's Christmas Special playing ... it's a bit early to do really anything. I want to let George sleep in a bit .. since it's back to work tomorrow :( ... mmmm maybe a cup of tea :) And maybe the last load of laundry -- that'd be a nice accomplishment for the day! :P

No comments :